Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 06-22-2010

Default Need Window Part # for '93 Wide Body

I have been trying to get a part number for the standard (non-exit) curb side windows on my '93 PT40 Wide Body. The small slider portion at the bottom of the window has broken.

I've spoken to two different Hehr window factories, and both say they can get the part made if I can supply them with a part # for the window itself. They said that there should be a series of numbers on the bottom of the window if I remove the frame around it, but I did that and there were no numbers visible on the inside of the coach.

This is a standard window that I believe was put on every Wanderlodge built that year. If anyone can supply me with a part # for the window I would greatly appreciate it.

My only other option is to remove the entire window and take it up to a company north of Tampa and get a piece custom made, which could leave me without a window for several days. Not an exciting option.
(Previously Pair of Jacks)
Saint Petersburg, FL
Old 06-22-2010

You gotta take the window out to get a part number?! Jeesch, that sounds like trouble. I would have thought a picture and some measurements would have allowed them to help you; especially since I don't see our type of window very much.
1986 PT36 6V92 "Golden Memories"-Sold
1993 WB40 "freeNeasy"-Sold
Old 06-22-2010

Would Randy Dupree have any of those from his burned coaches? I was thinking of Rob's old coach might have what you need.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 06-22-2010
Forum owner

WE need a pic of the window,there as 2 different styles in 93.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 06-23-2010

Default Photos of Window With Broken Slider

I wasn't told to remove the whole window, just the inside frame. However, when I did so there weren't any numbers on the inside of the window like I was told. It's hard for me to comprehend that a company like Hehr wouldn't keep records of what they built. What if there was a safety issue and a recall had to be made?

I was told that when Hehr closed their Georgia plant the records were transferred to their Kansas office, but they were no help at all when I called them.

Anyway, here is a pic of the entire window, which measures 30" wide by 35" tall (approximately). The piece I need is the window that slides open at the bottom, which measures 14 1/2" wide by 8" tall (approximately). The window that I need the slider for is the last (4th) window on the curb side--the last tall one before the wider bedroom window. Other than the exit windows they all appear to be the same on the curb side, and the same slider from the road side would probably work also.

Any help will be appreciated. My last resort is to completely remove another window and take it 30 miles north to a place that can use the good one as a template. If they don't have that type of glass in stock then I am going to be windowless for 4-7 days while they get the glass. Not exciting since I live in the coach full time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6437.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	437.0 KB
ID:	5511   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7713.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	789.2 KB
ID:	5512  
Saint Petersburg, FL

Last edited by jimbonich; 06-23-2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: added second photo
Old 06-23-2010
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbonich View Post
I wasn't told to remove the whole window, just the inside frame. However, when I did so there weren't any numbers on the inside of the window like I was told. It's hard for me to comprehend that a company like Hehr wouldn't keep records of what they built. What if there was a safety issue and a recall had to be made?

I was told that when Hehr closed their Georgia plant the records were transferred to their Kansas office, but they were no help at all when I called them.

Anyway, here is a pic of the entire window, which measures 30" wide by 35" tall (approximately). The piece I need is the window that slides open at the bottom, which measures 14 1/2" wide by 8" tall (approximately). The window that I need the slider for is the last (4th) window on the curb side--the last tall one before the wider bedroom window. Other than the exit windows they all appear to be the same on the curb side, and the same slider from the road side would probably work also.

Any help will be appreciated. My last resort is to completely remove another window and take it 30 miles north to a place that can use the good one as a template. If they don't have that type of glass in stock then I am going to be windowless for 4-7 days while they get the glass. Not exciting since I live in the coach full time.
Jim at first I thought your windows were the same as what I had in the 94. I called Randy and he measured my old 94 windows and they are 22 X 10 so they won't fit. Now having said that have you thought of just going to a plastics shop and having a new piece of lexan cut out. The sliders in my old coach and Randy's Free n Easy were lexan.
Old 06-23-2010

Rob-

Thanks to you (and Randy) for checking your old coach for me. Lexan would be OK with me, but as best I can tell I will still need to take the window out. I think I will take a "good" window up to the people who can make a glass replacement, and then if they say it is going to take a week or more I will just take it to a Lexan shop and get them to make me up a replacement while I wait.

(Unless anyone happens to have a part # for these windows, in which case I will order one from Hehr for $28)
Saint Petersburg, FL
Old 06-23-2010

Default Need Window Part # for '93 Wide Body

Pete in Courtenay BC, not sure what year his coach is, but he is changing all his glass
Maybe he will chime in here soon.
Old 06-23-2010

My bus is a 96, and the windows were made by BB not Hehr. Mine are not the correct arrangement.
96wb42
Mid Door
Old 06-23-2010

Aren't these part numbers the kind of information Parliament Coach now owns?