Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > How To Protect Your RV Investment.

How To Protect Your RV Investment. This forum is set up to discuss insurance needs, terminology & where to go to get the best possible coverage for your needs. From time to time we will discuss the issues and differences in insurance coverage. When would an appraisal be in your best interest & how often should you have an appraisal and where one could obtain a certified appraisal.

Site Search:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 03-12-2018
birds_first's Avatar
birds_first birds_first is offline
RV Appraiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 5,232
Default

Another 2 cents on this issue, just wait a few more months and we'll probably start hearing more horror stories about coach net with the recent change in FMCA membership. I believe with the addition of the travel trailers now being admitted into FMCA and they greatly out number the larger Class A following. With this change I predict Coach Net will require more contract service providers to carry the load so to speak, which will lead to smaller operators jumping in to catch the cash. You can't allow that much addition to an existing program without expecting an increase in logistical support, which I don't believe it is currently in place. Just a thought
__________________
John McGinnis,
95WB42MD S60, Mid-Entry "B-Rex"
88FC35 (SOLD)
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-12-2018
ArlinV ArlinV is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Simpsonville
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by birds_first View Post
Another 2 cents on this issue, just wait a few more months and we'll probably start hearing more horror stories about coach net with the recent change in FMCA membership. I believe with the addition of the travel trailers now being admitted into FMCA and they greatly out number the larger Class A following. With this change I predict Coach Net will require more contract service providers to carry the load so to speak, which will lead to smaller operators jumping in to catch the cash. You can't allow that much addition to an existing program without expecting an increase in logistical support, which I don't believe it is currently in place. Just a thought
Coachnet is no longer tied to FMCA. With the special price FMCA is offering on their new alliance, I would expect Coachnet membership to drop considerably. I called about the new organization, and I was less than underwhelmed. With a Bird, and an Airstream, along with my other vehicles the pricing came out more than even Coachnet. Decided to give Good Sam another try.
__________________
Arlin Verley
Simpsonville, South Carolina
2003 43’ LXi double slide
VerleyBird
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-12-2018
Rick's Avatar
Rick Rick is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bellefonte
Posts: 13,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by birds_first View Post
Another 2 cents on this issue, just wait a few more months and we'll probably start hearing more horror stories about coach net with the recent change in FMCA membership. I believe with the addition of the travel trailers now being admitted into FMCA and they greatly out number the larger Class A following. With this change I predict Coach Net will require more contract service providers to carry the load so to speak, which will lead to smaller operators jumping in to catch the cash. You can't allow that much addition to an existing program without expecting an increase in logistical support, which I don't believe it is currently in place. Just a thought

John, FMCA dropped their deal with Coach Net in 2013 or so. This is what they now use. https://site.fmca.com/fmca-roadside-rescue


I might add, We had Coach Net through FMCA. That was the reason we joined FMCA in the first place. When they dropped their deal with Coach Net, I dropped my deal with FMCA.
__________________
Rick Shawver
1SG Ret
2000 LX
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656

Last edited by Rick; 03-12-2018 at 11:30 AM. Reason: date
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-12-2018
Rick's Avatar
Rick Rick is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bellefonte
Posts: 13,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlinV View Post
Coachnet is no longer tied to FMCA. With the special price FMCA is offering on their new alliance, I would expect Coachnet membership to drop considerably. I called about the new organization, and I was less than underwhelmed. With a Bird, and an Airstream, along with my other vehicles the pricing came out more than even Coachnet. Decided to give Good Sam another try.

I called Coach Net for a friend recently about their pricing. I was told that other levels were available after the first year. That first year is pricey for sure.
__________________
Rick Shawver
1SG Ret
2000 LX
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-12-2018
kg4rrx's Avatar
kg4rrx kg4rrx is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Fayetteville
Posts: 598
Default

Does the good sam roadside program also include just their regular membership, or is that a whole different thing?
__________________
Chris Henry
Fayetteville, GA
87FC
kg4rrx@gmail.com 404-547-1951
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-12-2018
Rick's Avatar
Rick Rick is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bellefonte
Posts: 13,212
Default

Chris, Looking at their site its going to require membership and a fee for the roadside program. No such thing as a free puppy.
__________________
Rick Shawver
1SG Ret
2000 LX
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-12-2018
kg4rrx's Avatar
kg4rrx kg4rrx is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Fayetteville
Posts: 598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Chris, Looking at their site its going to require membership and a fee for the roadside program. No such thing as a free puppy.
Thats what I was thinking. At 27 dollars a year might be worth it for 8c off diesel.
__________________
Chris Henry
Fayetteville, GA
87FC
kg4rrx@gmail.com 404-547-1951
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-12-2018
Steelwheels's Avatar
Steelwheels Steelwheels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque & Downers Grove
Posts: 1,230
Default

Is there a thread or a FAQ that outlines the steps to follow when towing a 87 FC35(or are all B.B.s generally the same) and/or what to request. I know a landall is preferable but not always available
__________________
Kiki B
Downers Grove, IL
87fc35
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-12-2018
birds_first's Avatar
birds_first birds_first is offline
RV Appraiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 5,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
John, FMCA dropped their deal with Coach Net in 2013 or so. This is what they now use. https://site.fmca.com/fmca-roadside-rescue


I might add, We had Coach Net through FMCA. That was the reason we joined FMCA in the first place. When they dropped their deal with Coach Net, I dropped my deal with FMCA.
I fell asleep on that one... Thanks for the wake up.
__________________
John McGinnis,
95WB42MD S60, Mid-Entry "B-Rex"
88FC35 (SOLD)
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-12-2018
Rick's Avatar
Rick Rick is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bellefonte
Posts: 13,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelwheels View Post
Is there a thread or a FAQ that outlines the steps to follow when towing a 87 FC35(or are all B.B.s generally the same) and/or what to request. I know a landall is preferable but not always available
https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ead.php?t=1080


this might do it.
__________________
Rick Shawver
1SG Ret
2000 LX
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FMCA Roadside assistance Dixon41 Insurance, Vehicle & Towing, Taxes, and Lifestyle Costs 14 12-22-2017 10:03 AM
Blue Sky Roadside Assistance CaptPegLeg Insurance, Vehicle & Towing, Taxes, and Lifestyle Costs 14 12-24-2014 10:27 PM
Special offer on Good Sam Roadside Assistance Kurt Achenbach General 1 06-13-2014 12:00 PM
Roadside Assistance in Northern KY alvahall Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics 2 09-09-2012 08:16 AM
Lebanon, TN Marks Roadside Assistance SallySummerlin Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics 0 07-10-2011 12:16 PM

Web Search:

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.