Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Default Dealer lost my alarm key fob (and keys)

So I get a call from a jr manager. He sounded nervous. I was there yesterday when I was told my coach was ready to find they forgot half the work.

I dropped it off with the ignition and door key I have on one key ring. They needed the basement door keys. I have that request in an email. That is the big key ring (I have) with all the other keys on it and the gray alarm fob. My wife dropped that off since I had gone out of town.

I haven't had the coach in my possession for more than a few days since I bought it so I haven't been able to read the books. I did look on the WOG before I asked this question.

Is the gray key fob, that acts like a normal old school car alarm a BB product? Can I get a new fob to pair with it?

The dealer is supposedly calling everyone there to ask them where they are.

I just like to know how bad this is before I go down there and raise the roof. If it's a simple thing, I will ask them to fix it (make new keys and get me a new fob.
Thanks
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Keys found! Dealer went as far as to watch the security camera tapes from when my wife dropped them off to the last mechanic that had them. Get my bird tomorrow and pray its road worthy finely.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Whoo Hoo! That is good news indeed. Hope the entire "repair" goes the same way and you can enjoy your coach!

Coach photos & comments: http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...php?albumid=79
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank W. View Post
Whoo Hoo! That is good news indeed. Hope the entire "repair" goes the same way and you can enjoy your coach!
Thanks Frank.

Going to put it on a storage lot first thing tomorrow. Its not far with 24 hours access so I hope to be able to do some minor work on it there. Wife is too. She has been buying bed spreads, pots and pans and all sorts of little things to make it our second home. I have a ton of work I want to do to it. I also, at the same time am finally getting a bird house built here. I wanted a real steel building, but I can't put up an industrial steel building in our residential neighborhood. So I found a carport company that will enclose one on all four sides, with insulation and a oversize garage door. The county is happy with that. Hope to have that up by Thanksgiving. In the short term, on the few dry days we get I can go get it, park it on the side street and work on big things I want to do right here.

First trip is close by at the end of September, then the WOG in October and come winter we want to camp around Florida here till Spring. Then next summer we are heading out west for our first snow bird summer!
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835