Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 09-14-2019

Default Honeywell electric generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3 View Post
Just being helpful, here are the pictures that you posted to Facebook.
Does anyone recognize the coach?
I'm thinking that Honeywell is an inverter even though it says generator.
Thanks Marvin for moving the pictures. The picture in the middle is the generator, I'm looking to buy. The picture to the left has a has a Intel-power 9200 series RV converter/charger. It above the generator. It has 12+ volts going to the wiring under converter. That white plug, plug into generator for 115 AC power in the bus.
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge.
Old 09-14-2019

Mr. Austin,

Honestly, I feel that upgrading to a modern, solid state power inverter would be the best thing to do. Any one of 'us' can suggest a good one. It would be fairly easy (' almost plug and play') to switch over. You would positively go farther on the house batteries since modern, full sine-wave inverters are so much more efficient than this design.

Considering you have solar, maximizing your power production will be best served (and increased) by upgrading.

I did find the manufacturer of the Redi-Line and included a link. On the page is a ‘find a distributor’ and you can buy one. If your trying to keep your coach as true to its original design, I understand.

I think Randy might have mentioned this already? Next month the Wanderlodge Owners group is having its biggest rally of the season. Their is still room. It’s in Pine Mountain GA and I am sure we all love to meet you and see your coach. A good 100+ of us will be there. Their will also be a lot of activities and help up close for most any problem you might have with your coach. I hope you can make it.

https://www.kollmorgen.com/en-us/pro...on-generators/
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 09-14-2019

Default RV converter/charger

There is a progressive Dynamics intel-power 9200 series RV converter charger, model PD 9280, mounted above the generator. I sent a email for info and price on Redi-line power conversion generator, model DA12L-1600A-GFI Should hear from them first week. I was there last year, 3 days, stayed in LaGrange, Ga. I will be there the 15th for 5 day. Be camping in 31' Coachman motorhome, site 50. Have to ride my motorcycle, I don't have a golf cart.

This bluebird was build for Martha & Cotton Springs 1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge. Anyone know of them?
Old 09-14-2019
Forum owner

I knew them.
Carol and i were just talking about him.
Great old guy,he was a friend of mine.
Blind as a bat the last time i talked to him.

That was years ago.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 09-15-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRasman View Post
Joe, I think it's time for a upgrade. Maybe you can get if fixed by a local ham or electrician? You would get a much better return on your power conversion efficiency if you went with a modern inverter. They are not terribly expensive either. Food for thought.
I’m not an expert but that was my first thought as well. After all the conversion losses the efficiency must be ridiculously low relative to modern stuff
stuart@safcofoam.com
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Have been looking today for brushes, for that Honeywell electric generator, the power line DC to AC. I have one of the brushes for the generator out. # on the brush is YP00372. One guy said that # is YPE00596 now. Any one knows where I might get a set of 4 brushes, let me know. Be camping in Wayneville,NC, next week for a motorcycle rally. When I get back home, might start looking into full sine-wave inverters. Christopher Rasmussen, I don't have a phone # for you. I thought I sent you my phone # in a message.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeA View Post
Have been looking today for brushes, for that Honeywell electric generator, the power line DC to AC. I have one of the brushes for the generator out. # on the brush is YP00372. One guy said that # is YPE00596 now. Any one knows where I might get a set of 4 brushes, let me know. Be camping in Wayneville,NC, next week for a motorcycle rally. When I get back home, might start looking into full sine-wave inverters. Christopher Rasmussen, I don't have a phone # for you. I thought I sent you my phone # in a message.
I normally get my trusty yard stick out and measure the brushes,then i look around for a bigger brush with the same basic spring etc.
The bigger brushes just need some careful work with a flat file to make them fit.
Ebay is loaded with brushes,get a caliper and get busy!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com