Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > !!!ALERT!!! MUST DO MECHANICAL ITEMS FOR YOUR 'BIRD!!

!!!ALERT!!! MUST DO MECHANICAL ITEMS FOR YOUR 'BIRD!! Listed here you will find the MUST DO MECHANICAL ITEMS that we feel should be performed on your 'Bird. (ONLY ADMINISTRATORS CAN POST HERE)

Site Search:

Old 09-21-2017

Default Brake drum machining

Quote:
just sent 2 CNC attachments to Herr Dr. Finn to archive and possibly put a link to in this thread One is a .dxf file that gives a drawn tool path and the other is a .NC file with actual computer code. I believe the notch depth was 0.150?

This way this info can be given to a local CNC shop close to your local to avoid big shipping $$$ expenses etc.

A drum should be able to be CNC notched for about $100.00 or less? I believe I have done them for about $60.00 or so?

There are 60 notches in a drum.

Merry Christmas all you drummers!

Ryan and Michelle Saari
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida
John, can you tell me where this machining information is?

D

EDIT: While searching for (and repairing) several broken links in the downloads database, I came across the missing dxf. file that Ryan Saari gave to WOG. I was able to recover the .dxf file from the server, put it in a zipped folder (along with the .nc file) and upload the zipped folder back into the downloads database - I think both files should be downloadable now. John Wyatt 3-30-2019

https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...notch%20files/

Last edited by Dieselbird01; 03-30-2019 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Added note