Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > FC (Forward Control Unique Issues)

FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your FC model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.......List your FC Parts here too.

Site Search:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 07-26-2019
badandy badandy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: delavan
Posts: 2,376
Default

Well how would you change the level sender if you had to?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-26-2019
GEEZER GEEZER is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Azle
Posts: 370
Default

There is a test you can do to see if it is needed. You dip it into the tank and put it in a bag in the dark for a few days and it will tell if you need the process. Reputable fuel people in your area should be able to tell you about it. We did it on mine after a very long idle period. Had slight bug issue.
__________________
Steve and Vonda Ricketts
Azle, Texas
1983 FC35SB
2003 Jeep Rubicon
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-26-2019
Gatorgrl's Avatar
Gatorgrl Gatorgrl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Fort Myers
Posts: 2,237
Default

Well, to start with, I would turn to the Almighty WOG and ask how to do such a thing.

Point is there are no access ports in our floor over the tank, unless they put the flooring over it.
__________________
Dana (The Wanderer, Builder, Restorer)
Tony (The Grumpy Mechanic)

Lee County, Florida

1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"
1991 Toyota 4Runner TOAD or
1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-26-2019
Gatorgrl's Avatar
Gatorgrl Gatorgrl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Fort Myers
Posts: 2,237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEZER View Post
There is a test you can do to see if it is needed. You dip it into the tank and put it in a bag in the dark for a few days and it will tell if you need the process. Reputable fuel people in your area should be able to tell you about it. We did it on mine after a very long idle period. Had slight bug issue.

Excellent, thanks!
Will do!
__________________
Dana (The Wanderer, Builder, Restorer)
Tony (The Grumpy Mechanic)

Lee County, Florida

1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"
1991 Toyota 4Runner TOAD or
1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-26-2019
GEEZER GEEZER is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Azle
Posts: 370
Default Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorgrl View Post
Well, to start with, I would turn to the Almighty WOG and ask how to do such a thing.

Point is there are no access ports in our floor over the tank, unless they put the flooring over it.
Could very well be under the flooring I am pretty sure mine is either under the bamboo flooring or under the bed or the large drawer.
__________________
Steve and Vonda Ricketts
Azle, Texas
1983 FC35SB
2003 Jeep Rubicon
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-26-2019
Randy Dupree's Avatar
Randy Dupree Randy Dupree is online now
Forum owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Port St Joe,Fl
Posts: 35,416
Default

Oh yeah,there is a port in the floor.
you just have not found it yet.
But the fuel gauge hole is way to small for a camera.
I do it the easy way,i look at my racor filter.
Easy peasey.
Shane had an extreme case of slime,his coach had no known history before he bought it (that i know of anyway) and i think it was a repo.
who the heck knows what happened or how long it sat growing stuff?
I would never treat the tank and let the bus sit,you need to drive it like you stole it after treatment,get that old fuel out and put some new fuel in.
I polish my fuel by running it through the engine!!
__________________
DO NOT SEND PM
email me at randy@randydupree.com only.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-26-2019
Dave&Beth's Avatar
Dave&Beth Dave&Beth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Oh yeah,there is a port in the floor.
you just have not found it yet.
But the fuel gauge hole is way to small for a camera.
I do it the easy way,i look at my racor filter.
Easy peasey.
Shane had an extreme case of slime,his coach had no known history before he bought it (that i know of anyway) and i think it was a repo.
who the heck knows what happened or how long it sat growing stuff?
I would never treat the tank and let the bus sit,you need to drive it like you stole it after treatment,get that old fuel out and put some new fuel in.
I polish my fuel by running it through the engine!!
comes out the tail pipe all nice and shiny
__________________
David and Beth Barrineau - Jack the boxer
1990 SP36 Crystal Blue
2001 Jeep Cherokee
Virginia Beach VA
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-26-2019
Bill Pape's Avatar
Bill Pape Bill Pape is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Commerce
Posts: 11,353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Beth View Post
comes out the tail pipe all nice and shiny
Yep, ours is sometimes a lot of black carbon, We are making diamonds.
__________________
Bill & Patty
1988 FC, Silver Edition
Commerce, Michigan
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-29-2019
Randy Dupree's Avatar
Randy Dupree Randy Dupree is online now
Forum owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Port St Joe,Fl
Posts: 35,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
Well how would you change the level sender if you had to?
Ernie knows the location of the floor hatch,theres a secret screw that you use to find the location.
__________________
DO NOT SEND PM
email me at randy@randydupree.com only.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
tank algae

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cummins killer xowl pin jydog159 BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues) 19 05-25-2019 10:52 PM
Deal Killer??? atckip Under The Awning 15 07-21-2014 06:50 PM
Algae problem or not? Harry General 23 12-19-2013 09:14 PM
what is a deal-killer? hazelblueartemis First-Timers and Newcomers 13 08-16-2013 06:46 PM
Killer job for Wanderlodge owner kyradawg General 6 02-19-2013 08:28 PM

Web Search:

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.