Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Coaches Wanted

Coaches Wanted Looking to buy a particular coach? Place your request here.

Site Search:

Old 08-13-2013

Default Looking for a Nice FC

I'm selling a nice older Country Coach 38 footer that has served me and my family well, but its time to get a coach that's a little smaller that will fit in the National Parks. I've always wanted a Wanderlodge and this will be our last coach (wink wink) so I'm hoping to find just the right coach. Its probably a tall order, but we would prefer (but are not adamant) a smaller FC (31' ideal but 33' or 35" OK). I currently have a Cat 3208T 250HP in the Country Coach, so a 3208NA might be hard to get use to, but not the end of the world. We like the two couches up front and would prefer twins in the bedroom. I'm very handy but a big project is not what my wife wants. (Eventually I will redo all the cabinets myself as I have long considered this to be a weak point in the Wanderlodges from the 70-80's.) I'm a cash buyer. You can contact me at (805) 574-0579 or email me at mcdowellcpa@sbcglobal.net. Thanks
Old 08-13-2013

Welcome to the nest! I am sure someone will pipe in here shortly.
What kind of $$$ are you looking to spend, that might peak some interest out there.
You might look at Randy's site (at the top of the page BBB) and there are some others out there on various websites to peruse. We were Foretravel owners before and believe me you will have your work cut out when you see all the guages and buttons - I've had Mauvelous for a while now and still find new buttons!
As you will read here, take your time finding the right one, make sure it has a solid history and pay more for it if necessary, it will save you $ in the long run! Don't ask me how I know!
Old 08-13-2013

Thanks. Our budget might go as high as $25K for the right coach but that would have to be pretty nice. I've looked at a couple here in CA that were projects yet advertised as pristine. I guess I expect people to maintain a coach as well as I have and be honest with what's wrong. That's why I'm posting here. Seems like a great bunch. As to the gadgets...I'm not a fan. Frankly, this is a negative about the newer wanderlodges in my book...just something else to break. I want a Wanderlodge because the structure is a school bus and there's nothing else out there like it. The doo dads and cabinetry I can overlook...as I said, I will eventually redo the cabinets in hardwood in my shop.
Old 08-13-2013

I don't know that much about the cabinetry in the FC but our WB has completely solid, very well built cabinetry, as good or better than our Foretravels had. You might plan to come to the WOG meeting in October as there will be over a 100 Wanderlodges there. We hope to be there, and yes, you can bring your SOB, lol... our first rally we stayed in a cabin so we could be near the coaches in the park. Was great fun!
I would HIGHLY recommend having $10K back for fixing all those little things that can go wrong and catching up on maintenance. We have blown well past that with our current engine work and luckily we had it sitting there otherwise we would have a coach sitting on our driveway and not running down the road...
Old 08-13-2013

You'll have to look and be ready to jump quick but your not being unreasonable...what you want does show up but not on a regular basis. I love the cabinets!
1984 FC35RB Sold
Old 08-13-2013

Default This might be right up your alley

I know nothing about this coach and have no affiliation what so ever

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1977-...cf2d58&vxp=mtr
Old 08-13-2013
RV Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwtw View Post
I know nothing about this coach and have no affiliation what so ever

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1977-...cf2d58&vxp=mtr
This thing has been around the block so many times it is making my head spin....
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee "Franicon"
Retired: Auctioneer, RE Broker, and Certified Vehicle & Heavy Equipment Appraiser
"Dead man walking"
502-417-5681
Old 08-13-2013

Here I am brand new to the forum and I might have already offended owners with my comments about the quality of wanderlodge cabinetry. To be clear, I think the workmanship is first rate. But I do woodworking as a hobby and dark laminate cabinets to a woodworker are sacrilege in a high end coach. Sturdy yes...attractive...no. Just my opinion. Anyway, hope to take the plunge soon.
Old 08-13-2013
RV Appraiser

As for a production unit I think the original cabinetry is just fine apparently you have not been inside a mid-80’s Newell, Barth or an Airstream and it goes downhill from there. We won’t even consider the Winnebago. As an appraiser I have seen some amateurish woodworking or cabinetry in a Wanderlodge by individuals who thought they were master craftsmen. Sometimes after factory changes have to be made if it may be necessary to fulfill a utilitarian need but you may have to return the coach to its original state if you want it to resale in the future. I once saw a wonderful coach ruined by an individual who thought he was a professional wood worker and he redid the entire coach interior in western cedar tongue & groove. By the time he got finished it weighed 3000 pounds more and it looked like the inside of a horse stall. It has been for sale now for nearly 3 years. I believe Blue Bird used the products they did for longevity, durability and extremely low maintenance. When you get to the newer coaches 90’s and up they started with oak and by the time they got to the late 90’s you would see more exotic woods, which continued until the end.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee "Franicon"
Retired: Auctioneer, RE Broker, and Certified Vehicle & Heavy Equipment Appraiser
"Dead man walking"
502-417-5681
Old 08-13-2013
Senior

john you are absolutely right, rhe marerials used in the Wanderlodges are first class for their use? i have been a woodworker for over 50 years, have the best tools, woods and experience available to me. I would not change the inside of a bliebird at all. in fact I would go further then that. I would not sell my pt40 to anyone that said they were going to tear the cabinets out and install wooden ones. we own classic coaches that sometime soon peope will recognize and the price will go way up.
6V92