Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Eclipse
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 01-13-2022

Default New owner looking for information on where to buy parts

I recently bought a 1997 43' Wanderlodge and it needs a few things and I'm having a hard time sourcing them. It needs a new radiator and some trim pieces on the interior as well as the "sunroof" is leaking and needs a new seal. Also the oil cooled alternator is leaking oil from the front seal at the belt pulley. Not sure if anyone knows of a rebuild kit for that. Any help would be appreciated and directions on websites to buy the stuff would be awesome. Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 01-13-2022

I can't help with the interior pieces without pics. There is a huge variety in interiors in these things. The radiator may be able to be recored at a local shop that does big truck work. The Front seals and gaskets are readily available for the 50DN alternator from a variety of sources. Congratulations of the new to you coach! Don't forget to change your signature line.

David & Nicole Stokes and Myla
Atlanta, Georgia
'98 LXi 43'
'00 LXi 43' SS
'89 WB 40'
2022 Jeep Gladiator Diesel

229-834-8677
Old 01-14-2022
M380 Aficionado

Contacts to have on your list:
coachparts.net - Dan Hartley (WOG supporter)
Dupreeproducts.com - Rich & Robin Argentieri, Braden & Erin Prickett
They know Wanderlodges and are well known to the WOG community.

Second Dave’s advice to take your existing radiator (and charge air cooler since it’s probably also leaking) to a large equipment radiator shop. Local shop used my old ones as templates - custom new ones were much better than anything I could find on the market. Reused the existing M380 radiator/CAC frame so no issues with fit. Comparable cost.
hexspeed@aol.com
Phone # in Member Profile
Old 01-14-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weavspeed79 View Post
I recently bought a 1997 43' Wanderlodge and it needs a few things and I'm having a hard time sourcing them. It needs a new radiator and some trim pieces on the interior as well as the "sunroof" is leaking and needs a new seal. Also the oil cooled alternator is leaking oil from the front seal at the belt pulley. Not sure if anyone knows of a rebuild kit for that. Any help would be appreciated and directions on websites to buy the stuff would be awesome. Thanks in advance for the help!
Seth Welcome To WOG!

Check with Ciccioni Radiator in Hazleton Pa.

They are a Large Equipment Radiater Shop and do good work.

I had my Generator Rad in my M380 Built by them and they treated me Rught.

And it’s Right Diwn the Road from You!
2003 M380 SS “Clark” W/GOATRAILS (SOLD)
Old 01-14-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weavspeed79 View Post
Welcome to the Zoo Seth. The interior stuff your best bet is the couple of WOG vendors that others have mentioned, they may be able to track those down.

One thing I will note for the 50DN leak, this is a known issue, the vent was too small and it forces the seals to leak. There is a kit to put a larger vent hose on the 50DN and I would recommend that if yours does not already have it, especially if you are replacing the seals.

Here is a video on the seal replacement I found:
https://youtu.be/Cp0UqubSW4M

Here is a link for the seal kit:
https://smithcoelectric.com/products...dn-alternators

I am not sure on the vent line, maybe one of the Series 60 guys will pipe up on where they sourced the new vent line kit. It may be just a matter of having a new line made for it, not sure.

Hope this helps.. I have a couple of videos on my YouTube channel working on a Series 60 doing some upgrades that you may want to look into doing in the future.

Jeff LoGiudice
Jeff@GinosGarageUSA.com
Temple Terrace, Florida
1984 Bluebird PT40
#F063411 6V92TA & MT654CR
1998 Newell 2000 Coach #490
12.7L Series 60 & HD4060
YouTube-Gino's Garage https://www.youtube.com/user/xjrjeff
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #460
Old 01-14-2022

I am not sure what you mean by sunroof, but a good source for new skylights is: www.eztopsworldwide.com
I find using eternabond to seal them works best.

Brian Stephens
'97 WB43
Old 01-14-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
I am not sure what you mean by sunroof, but a good source for new skylights is: www.eztopsworldwide.com
I find using eternabond to seal them works best.
I read where it was a factory option.
Old 01-14-2022

Default Radiator

I had to remove to radiator on our 95 WB42 last year for cleaning the radiator and repairing a crack in the CAC. When I removed the radiator I found it had a tag from the manufacturer. I was made by JB Radiator Specialties in Sacramento, CA and they are still in business. The part number for the radiator is RS 2915. The same company also made the Charge Air Cooler and the part number is RS 2915-CAC. They have the drawings and will make the units but don't sell direct. You can buy the parts from Source Engineering Inc in Veneta OR. 541-935-0308 talk to Jim. I was quoted a price of $2018 for the CAC and $3026 for the radiator with a one week delivery. I realize the radiator on your 97 may not be the same but this is a start. I have also passed all this information to Dan Hartley and he can also supply these units. Unless the radiator has been damaged any good truck radiator shop should be able to clean and core the unit. My cost for this was $950.
1966 Citroen "Deux Chevaux" TOAD
1980 FC Sold
Old 01-14-2022

I have no idea how this all works, and how to tag people and thank them for the information, but Thanks guys! I'm going to check all this stuff out.
Old 01-14-2022

Actually there is another thing I'm looking for and once again I haven't been able to find them. Does anyone know where you can get the seals for the roof rails where the attach to the body of the bus? The previous owner told me they need to be replaced because the passengers side caused a water leak in the front.