Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Travel Tips - Fuel Prices

Travel Tips - Fuel Prices Everyone has travel tips. Share and discuss yours here with the rest of the group.

Site Search:

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Yes, the truck stop prices are inflated but I have purchased 650 gallons since getting my card and my average price per gallon is $1.70. I like the ease of getting in and out of the truck stops. Its a win/win for me.

Lance and Terry Wilson
Decatur, Al
1994 WB
1979 FC31 (Sold)
1983 PT40 (Sold)
Lance.wilson59@gmail.com
386-785-5551
Old 4 Weeks Ago

You’re right, the pump prices are inflated, but even with zero savings, the high speed pumps & the ability to pump a full tank without stuffing your cc in the machine a dozen times or so makes it worthwhile.
"Retirement Bird" 1997 43WB
"Silver Shadow"1988 PT-40 Concept Coach - Sold!
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Jim B. and I are of like mind. We both "shop" when we can and when it makes sense. We both have a Pen Fed card that gives 5% cash back. I have had the TSD card since the get go and a couple of years ago in Holland, MI I stopped at a Speedway station that had easy access and easy exit. I bought fuel for $1.69 a gallon and got 5% cash back. Yes it wasn't a high speed pump. But it was easy in and out and the TSD location in town offered a $1.67 fuel price. So I took Speedway and Pen Fed. It may all sound crazy but I learned from my parents and grandparents. They all survived the Great Depression and learned some things. Yes going to the Love's in Holland would have been quicker. But "time is money" is not always true in your leisure years.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
Bob this is one area I am not so backward in. Especially since my wife has been in management of banks for many years. You set up the account with a totally new account number. The routing number is something you can get of the internet, so giving them that is nothing that is going to hurt you. Not only that if you think about it. Have you ever given anybody a check for a purchase? You not only give them the routing number but your account number when you do; and I know some people have their added their SSN That not being a wise move. Regardless, set up the account with just enough money to cover a fill up with maybe $50 to spare to keep the account open. Then before you fill up again you can transfer money from one account to the TSD account to cover the next fill. This leaves very little in that account that can hurt you. I can accomplish all of this in less than a minute on line with my Chase Bank accounts. Most banks will provide the same seamless service if you ask.
Thanks Jim,
Passed this by the chief bookkeeper and she agrees that in the past we used to put this stuff on a check.
I haven't used a check in maybe, 8 years. Not sure how to write one anymore!
Sounds like the way to do this.
Will get her on this after we get the upgrades on the lith batteries next month.