Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Transmission

Transmission Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's transmission.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3 View Post
The bulkhead connectors are above your left foot if you're sitting in the drivers seat. You get to them from the front electrical panel it is as far to the side as you can go. On my 94WB there are two huge blue capacitors in front of the bulkhead connectors. I can't find a picture at the moment.
Thanks for the response. So, I would have to get to them from the inside, or from the picture below? Assuming it is not either area labeled A or B below?

Thanks again,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Wiring_LI.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	216.4 KB
ID:	71982  

1980 FC35 - Sold
1980 FC35 (the 2nd) - Sold
1989 WB40
Old 1 Week Ago

Boy, those are really easy to get to compared to my '91, which are tucked over to the left in the back as Kiwi mentioned.

I'd consider it routine maintenance to unscrew all those, spray some contact cleaner on them, brush/blow them out, then reassemble with dielectric grease.

And push on each pin (with something non-conductive) to make sure they are seated. I found one bad one on mine. Had to remove the connector by accessing from the gen radiator door and extract the pin, bend the tabs, and reinsert. See pic.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pin.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	71983  
Old 1 Week Ago

Sorry for the confusion. I don't think that you can get to them from the inside unless you pulled the carpet up. Much easier from the front. I just figured it would be easier to visualize where they were with that description. I'm not sure which batch they are on your year model as mine is set up different in the front. If I had to guess, I would go with "B" since that is closer to the gen bay where the trans ECU is.

If you go through and service them as Mose suggest, be careful putting them back together you don't want to bend a pin.
1994 Wide Body #106048 "Going Galt"
bruce.griffin67@gmail.com
334-350-8564
Blue Bird Map
Old 1 Week Ago
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderAggie View Post
Thanks for the response. So, I would have to get to them from the inside, or from the picture below? Assuming it is not either area labeled A or B below?

Thanks again,
Hi Bryan,

Did you lift up the wires and look in area C (See 2nd Attached picture) for the bulkhead connectors?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	56F0D764-F395-4E03-B517-8CF0F06E294F.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	71985   Click image for larger version

Name:	EBE40BA9-270E-4A11-BA65-4D22F1F36992.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	71986  
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001

Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselbird01 View Post
Hi Bryan,

Did you lift up the wires and look in area C (See 2nd Attached picture) for the bulkhead connectors?
Hi John,

No I haven't, but I will. Thanks for the suggestion.

1980 FC35 - Sold
1989 WB40
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by mose View Post
Boy, those are really easy to get to compared to my '91, which are tucked over to the left in the back as Kiwi mentioned.

I'd consider it routine maintenance to unscrew all those, spray some contact cleaner on them, brush/blow them out, then reassemble with dielectric grease.

And push on each pin (with something non-conductive) to make sure they are seated. I found one bad one on mine. Had to remove the connector by accessing from the gen radiator door and extract the pin, bend the tabs, and reinsert. See pic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3 View Post
Sorry for the confusion. I don't think that you can get to them from the inside unless you pulled the carpet up. Much easier from the front. I just figured it would be easier to visualize where they were with that description. I'm not sure which batch they are on your year model as mine is set up different in the front. If I had to guess, I would go with "B" since that is closer to the gen bay where the trans ECU is.

If you go through and service them as Mose suggest, be careful putting them back together you don't want to bend a pin.
Thanks guys!

I will do more investigating and some maintenance on those connectors. Hopefully I can trace back to the correct connector.

Thanks again,

1980 FC35 - Sold
1989 WB40