Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 01-08-2019

Happy Birthday WOG !

I have owned 3 BB and if WOG would have been around in 1991 I would still have my first. I found WOG the day I bought my 2 nd BB a 1993 WB , I was looking on line for a answer to a issue , lol my first of many self inflicted I would have over the next 9 years . Along the way have made some of the best friends in my life and have been able to have support for any issue I have had all over this fine country we all enjoy and call home . I have never been left stranded on the road and have wog members go out of there way to help us and treat us like close family . Hows that for a family

Like any family of brothers and sisters there are times when we might disagree about a topic, tiers batteries and such , but in the end we all realize we are a band of brothers all tied together by a love of these fine machines . I will admit I take more than I give from the WOG but I do know how to say thank you and today I say , thank you to Randy, and all the Administrators past and present for the work you do in the back to keep this awesome site up .

Happy Birthday WOG

2000 LXI Single Slide
Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 01-11-2019

Not intended as an argument but: According to John Finn's YouTube Video the WOG was born on January 10, 2008. Thanks John. Perhaps the Beta website was started January 7th. Or another reason????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY7EAOPBh-g
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 01-11-2019
Goat rails in the sunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by al perna View Post
Happy Birthday WOG
Al, that was lyrical and beautiful. Thanks for saying it all, bruthuh.

Be cool, I'm not getting fresh!

I really like what you said and agree with you, WOG has got fam. What you said made me think:

I think many of us deeply appreciate what WOG does to put a gleam in our outlook and a **** lotta miles in the rearview. Well, you would know about lotta miles. My "Yardbird" odometer just gave up 100K, hardly broken in.

Birds are like a forge, they can put you in the hot seat, under pressure to figure a way. But WOG--the people who make it possible for owners to get together to kick it around--get so much credit for how that heat and pressure works out.. Solutions crystalize and we get gems. Talk about the all-steel construction, yeah, but WOG and the owners are making diamond coaches, my friend.

Al's birthday card to WOG--the people even more than the machines. Cheers!
Full-time in 2019

Last edited by nbedinger; 01-11-2019 at 04:02 AM. Reason: can't say fuggin even if the post police software allow it
Old 01-11-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by al perna View Post
Happy Birthday WOG !

I have owned 3 BB and if WOG would have been around in 1991 I would still have my first. I found WOG the day I bought my 2 nd BB a 1993 WB , I was looking on line for a answer to a issue , lol my first of many self inflicted I would have over the next 9 years . Along the way have made some of the best friends in my life and have been able to have support for any issue I have had all over this fine country we all enjoy and call home . I have never been left stranded on the road and have wog members go out of there way to help us and treat us like close family . Hows that for a family

Like any family of brothers and sisters there are times when we might disagree about a topic, tiers batteries and such , but in the end we all realize we are a band of brothers all tied together by a love of these fine machines . I will admit I take more than I give from the WOG but I do know how to say thank you and today I say , thank you to Randy, and all the Administrators past and present for the work you do in the back to keep this awesome site up .

Happy Birthday WOG

I was on my way home from Q ages ago and Al called me about a coach,he had a PT i think at the time.
Do you remember that Al?
(yes,my memory is that good,i remember talking to Al on the phone.way back then).
Its been a few years Al,thanks for the memory's.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 01-11-2019
Not so Junior anymore

Boy.... I deffinetly have bean a sleep at the switch to miss this one.

Happy Birthday WOG. Thanks for all the help over the past years. Though WOG is the value of my Bird. Without it I would have never gotten through any of my major problems, As minor as they may have been. Unless you have help you don’t know if your problems are bigger small. I remember my first calls on the web to the WOG after losing my windshield wipers in Mississippi. I have no idea where to start. I put out my call for help and immediately got a dozen ideas on how to troubleshoot my problem. And then at about 3 o’clock in the morning I finally read a post that came in late from Randy telling me exactly which fuse to check. And with that we were back on the road again. Thank you all for your help because the WOG is us. Probably the most wonderful group of people I’ve ever run in to. And a special thanks to all those who keep things running.
Towed 1986 Suzuki Samurai OR 2014 Jeep jk
Old 01-11-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkYuma View Post
Boy.... I deffinetly have bean a sleep at the switch to miss this one.

Happy Birthday WOG. Thanks for all the help over the past years. Though WOG is the value of my Bird. Without it I would have never gotten through any of my major problems, As minor as they may have been. Unless you have help you don’t know if your problems are bigger small. I remember my first calls on the web to the WOG after losing my windshield wipers in Mississippi. I have no idea where to start. I put out my call for help and immediately got a dozen ideas on how to troubleshoot my problem. And then at about 3 o’clock in the morning I finally read a post that came in late from Randy telling me exactly which fuse to check. And with that we were back on the road again. Thank you all for your help because the WOG is us. Probably the most wonderful group of people I’ve ever run in to. And a special thanks to all those who keep things running.
We love you too Mark!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 01-11-2019

WOG has helped an amazing number of us. Amazing new ideas and great troubleshooting has been the hallmark of this group. It has been amazing to watch such a diverse and eclectic come together and help so many of us. Thanks to all!!
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 01-11-2019

Happy Belated Birthday WOG!

And thanks to all you who have made it possible. Great people. Cool busses.

FMCA F469045
EAA 404878
Old 01-11-2019

WOG makes it possible for some of us to comfortably have a Blue Bird . Without the wealth of information available here , it would be very scary to own and maintain one of these fine machines.

Thank you all
318-553-4186
1994 BMC 37' "Sold"
2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
1986 F150
KE5WCW
Old 01-12-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
I was on my way home from Q ages ago and Al called me about a coach,he had a PT i think at the time.
Do you remember that Al?
(yes,my memory is that good,i remember talking to Al on the phone.way back then).
Its been a few years Al,thanks for the memory's.
man you do have a memory Randy . I remember the coach 1986 PT38 8v92 , she could fly ,but not the call . When I think back to those days boy am I glade I had more money than sense , lol come to think of it I still do . What I mean is if I would have known all that goes into these coaches to keep them going I'm not sure I would have jumped into the deep end as I did , hahaha But I did and the rest is History. Glad I did

2000 LXI Single Slide
Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com