Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 11-25-2018

My thoughts are really with you!
porschenein59@gorge.net

"There comes a time in a mans life where he must take the bull by the tail,, and face the situation."
Old 11-25-2018

Sorry to hear of the post-op complications and wishing/praying a speedy recovery from this point forward. It can seem an eternity but be patient-you will get better-.
Kansas, Il
Old 11-25-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by biobug View Post
I just had my 3rd back surgery 2 weeks ago. A double Laminectomy and Disectomy. I really do feel your pain! I am lucky with no infection! I cut the Opioids out probably too early but a Margarita is taking the night pain out . My best to you! It is not fun! MRSA is very tough to deal with.I still use lots of alcohol (mostly external!!)
WOW, John. You are the man! I was taking Percocet and morphine at the same time and it never touched the pain. But it made me super depressed and each day it was harder to put on a happy face for my wife when she visited. The last night I knew I had to get out of there or else. I knew they were wharehousing me and might have been there another two weeks if I didn't have a full meltdown.

Get well and get healed up. Follow the doc's orders. Get some therapy. I want to do water therapy when my incision is healed. One of the biggest disappointments was going nowhere in our bus last summer. We were a week away from taking off for Colorado and sat down and honestly looked at how it could turn out with back pain, sciatica, an antique bus 2,000 miles from home and 50 miles from a real hospital on mountain roads....so we cancelled. It's still all ready to go. Having goals in recovery is a good thing.

Rick in Ohio

1980 FC35, 1961 PD4106 GMC SN:326 Charter member of the Two Bus Club for now
I am in Toledo, Ohio
Rick Gunther
Old 11-25-2018
BIG MAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by biobug View Post
I just had my 3rd back surgery 2 weeks ago. A double Laminectomy and Disectomy. I really do feel your pain! )
John Alley has been keeping us quite entertained, over on FB, with his stories of healing! Thank you!

Our healing thoughts are motoring to you, Rick. Glad you have a goal to keep you moving forward!
2001 LXI single slide

04 M 380.......with goat rails SOLD
Old 11-25-2018

got to heal Rick. Too many unfinished projects to leave laying about. Your a tough nut. You can do it.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 11-25-2018

Rick, It is wrong when you go to the doctor to get fixed and they make you worse than you were before they touched you I have had my issues with back problems most of my life, but evidently not as bad as you and many others, who have had to go under the knife. I just hate doctors and hospitals bad enough to put up with it I do the "crab walk" about every morning for a couple of hours and some "medicinal alcohol" to let me sleep better at night. It sounds like you might be on the mend and hope you get back up to speed so you can enjoy life as it should be enjoyed in retirement. Hopefully your Christmas will be better than your Thanksgiving was. Call me if you need to get out of the house.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 11-25-2018
Administrator

Holy C--p had no idea things could deteriorate so badly,
Now I know why I didn't see you in Oct. when passing through Toledo.
Sending positive healing thoughts, get well soon.
Eat more of that local natural bee honey.
Old 11-25-2018
Thomas Rembert

Wow, sure hope things improve. It amazes me that we can be held against our will and then sent a bill to pay for it. My daughter was on that antibiotic for 2 months around the clock via a picc line. She had pressurized pucks in her back pack feeding the picc line so she cold go to school.
2018 Allegro Bus 45ft 4 slide
Alachua, FL/Blackhawk, CO.
Old 11-25-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by exxis View Post
Wow, sure hope things improve. It amazes me that we can be held against our will and then sent a bill to pay for it. My daughter was on that antibiotic for 2 months around the clock via a picc line. She had pressurized pucks in her back pack feeding the picc line so she cold go to school.
The pressurized pucks were an option. We went with the cheaper of the two, the gravity feed bag and it is $82 per day times six weeks. An expense we didn't figure on. When all the bills are in we will be seeing a bigger surprise. We are just now getting hernia surgery bills from back in April. Medically, this has been a tough summer. It will pass though. Feeling stronger every day. Hope your daughter is on the mend.

Rick in Ohio

1980 FC35, 1961 PD4106 GMC SN:326 Charter member of the Two Bus Club for now
I am in Toledo, Ohio
Rick Gunther
Old 11-25-2018

Rick I hope all goes well and you get better soon!
I am going on 10 years when I had T12 removed and ladder bars from T9 to L3. Just this spring I went to one of the top 4 N/S in the U.S. and found out that 5 nerve roots and everything on my left side were cut to install the cage and bars. I just got back from UCSF for a temp nerve block and it looks like I will have some nerves killed soon to block the pain. Keep moving and take care of yourself!
2006 Jeep TJ Wrangler X
See my Album!