Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 09-29-2011

Default Today's the Day!

We've finally wrapped things up and today's the day when we start our first big trip in our new Bird!

We are both so excited that we can't sleep so we decided, why lay in bed?
Let's get up and get going!

Heading to Orlando, for a final appt at Josams, and spending the night there at the Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake. (only seemed approperiate ) Next night is Jekyl Island, GA, then Charleston, SC, then Four Paws Kingdom, NC (a treat for our hounds) and then onwards up the Appalachians. Will take pics of the fall color and keep a blog for those who want to follow us.

Thank you everyone since the beginning for all your help.

We are doing it!
Old 09-29-2011

Jen and Dee
Have a good trip, if you going East on I-4 from Tempa towards Orlando you will see us going west bound towards Parliament this morning.
2003 H3-45 S2
TGO Titusville, Florida
dukeflyer2507@att.net
248-935-5390
Old 09-29-2011

Hope everything is okay?

We will honk if we see you!
Old 09-29-2011

If you are heading east on I-4 from Orlando and can spare any time please stop by - we would love to see your coach. Also interested in your experience at Josams as I am planning on making an appointment. We are about 4 miles off the interstate on the southwest corner of DeLand (1649 Fatio Rd. - telephone 386-873-4496).
Thanx, KC
"Bordering On Adequate"
Old 09-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBee View Post
We've finally wrapped things up and today's the day when we start our first big trip in our new Bird!

Heading to Orlando, for a final appt at Josams, and spending the night there at the Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake. (only seemed approperiate ) Next night is Jekyl Island, GA, then Charleston, SC, then Four Paws Kingdom, NC (a treat for our hounds) and then onwards up the Appalachians. Will take pics of the fall color and keep a blog for those who want to follow us.

We are doing it!
Hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip. I have a couple of suggestions for you if you haven't already made reservations and are heading to these areas. Asheville, NC has a campground called Campfire Lodgings. If you are in the area this is a must do. Michele and I got one of the premium sites (#4) and it was spectacular, is all I can say. Here is a link to my previous post with pics on this. http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...pfire+lodgings

Then if you are in Charleston, the James Island County Park is super! Nice place, with some pull-thrus, I pulled my 24' trailer in there with the coach and didn't have a problem. The staff there are the nicest you will meet. It is close to town and all the sights. Then top it off with a leash free dog park by a lake or pond. The dogs will go nuts running loose, ours did, anyway. Here is the link to that http://www.ccprc.com/index.aspx?nid=68.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 09-29-2011
BIG MAMA

Jennifer,
I am sending a Private message...if you don't get it let me know.
2001 LXI single slide

04 M 380.......with goat rails SOLD
Old 09-29-2011

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCSS View Post
If you are heading east on I-4 from Orlando and can spare any time please stop by - we would love to see your coach. Also interested in your experience at Josams as I am planning on making an appointment. We are about 4 miles off the interstate on the southwest corner of DeLand (1649 Fatio Rd. - telephone 386-873-4496).
Thanx, KC
KC, we'd love to stop by to see you and Emma for a few. Thanks for the kind invite.
We will give you a call tomorrow morning as we are a bit zonked now.

Been up since 3am, just around the time of your post that had me laughing my socks off.

Jen, and Dee
Old 09-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
Hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip. I have a couple of suggestions for you if you haven't already made reservations and are heading to these areas. Asheville, NC has a campground called Campfire Lodgings. If you are in the area this is a must do. Michele and I got one of the premium sites (#4) and it was spectacular, is all I can say. Here is a link to my previous post with pics on this. http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...pfire+lodgings

Then if you are in Charleston, the James Island County Park is super! Nice place, with some pull-thrus, I pulled my 24' trailer in there with the coach and didn't have a problem. The staff there are the nicest you will meet. It is close to town and all the sights. Then top it off with a leash free dog park by a lake or pond. The dogs will go nuts running loose, ours did, anyway. Here is the link to that http://www.ccprc.com/index.aspx?nid=68.
Thank you Jim for your well wishes.

James Island is where we are planning on staying! We heard it's a huge park, with trails and that the dogs would love it. This trip is their vacation too! I don't know how they've put up with us.

The Campfire Park in Ashville I didn't know about, so we will probaby try to stay one night at 4 Paws Kingdom and will try that, if we can get in. Thanks for the reccomendation.

I was thinking our next stop might be Natural Arch Falls, at least I think the name was something like that. I have it on my google map places. They have a Conservation Camp there, no services but it's supposed to be beautiful, peaceful and quiet. I'm going to give them a call to see if they can fit in a big rig and how the roads are getting in. There are a couple more family style campgrounds there as well, Jelly Stone with water slides etc but didn't appeal to me as much as our kids are not with us and grownups now.

Then I think we will then head toward Lancaster and stay on a campground by an Amish farm out in the country near Paradise or Intercourse.

Don't tell anyone but that's Dee's nickname for me, Amish.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write and advise. We appreciate any reccomendations anyone might have.

amish
Old 09-29-2011
Skidder

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBee View Post

We are doing it!
Jennifer & Darrell:

Have a blast, and good luck on your "first big trip" in your LXi.

It sounds like you have everything planned out well. Boy ! you two sound like you where sure "excited" and starting that time of the day is probably a good idea anyway because of not sleeping because of excitement.

Happy travelling, and safe trip. Keep us informed. (p.s. "everyone loves pictures")

Wannabee
Old 09-30-2011

Jennifer and Darrell-

I've been working a lot in the PA/Lancaster area. Depending on when you are coming up here we might be able to get together. I might even introduce you to Shane!
Saint Petersburg, FL