Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:
View Poll Results: Some are having issues with this thread, help us by answering this poll
Close this thread 4 4.49%
Add a moderator to moderate all posts, before allowing it in this thread or moving it to a new one. 6 6.74%
Leave it as it is. 79 88.76%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2018

Technically it was a month ago, but I tried something new for the aluminum trim.

I was using Black Magic Titanium tire shine (I know its frowned upon) but was tired of brown/gray tires and no amount of scrubbing with soap and water was working.

Well I got some on the aluminum trim that runs down the length of the bus and wiped it off right away, because I wasn't sure what it would do, and noticed the white oxidation was gone. I did a small area and waited a few hours to see what would happen. Nothing bad seemed to happen so I did all of it. Like I said it's been a month and it still looks great.

I'm not sure if it removed or hid the oxidation, but it looks 100 times better
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0635.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	58209   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0637.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	190.7 KB
ID:	58210   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0645.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	58211   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0647.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	207.9 KB
ID:	58212   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0650.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	58213   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0638.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	58214   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0641.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	58215  
Alpine, Texas
Full Timing
1989 WB 40 "Roll'n Home"
Blog: www.rhhelpers.com
Old 10-10-2018

That looks pretty dang good.

Bob Sumners
1993 WB
1983 PT35 Sold
Old 10-10-2018

Finished the thermostat after a few calls to Leon. What a nice guy! I struggled with the stat but he was patient although very busy at his place. The stat had been changed and sorta butchered up before so I’m gonna blame someone else for my ignorance.

Bob Sumners
1993 WB
1983 PT35 Sold
Old 10-10-2018

Default Wheel removal

We got the wheels off, finally will pull the brake drum tomorrow to
see what’s leaking. Wow that’s a big brake drum, may need some
Magic getting it back together looks very heavy might be able to use
My floor jack will see.

Preston Jarrell
MECHANICSVILLE, Virginia
1972 Wanderlodge
PJ7753@gmail.com
Old 10-11-2018

I removed the GEN "again" to find the oil leak, removed the guards/housing and can not see where the oil is coming from, it was down 2 qts in 30 min. I will set it up in the shop to run and look for the leak, but now the bat is dead.
2006 Jeep TJ Wrangler X
See my Album!
Old 10-18-2018

Default Getting things of the "to do" list

I had a broken stud on the tag axle and we broke a second on the last trip. Pulled wheel and brake drum and replaced the broken studs. Found 3 other studs that appeared to be stressed because the nuts would not smoothly turn the full length of the stud. I believe the problem is caused by tire dealers using large air torque wrenches that are capable of going well over the 600 foot pounds required. I will only go to a tire dealer that uses a torque wrench for the final tightening of the studs.
Old 10-18-2018

Default Why I like to work on the coach myself

I spent some time under the coach the last few days looking for potential problems and found some. First the coach was properly blocked up by large 4x6 blocks. I found a number of air leaks in the air bag control system and as I was investigating the source I found that a previous owner must have had the tag regulator and another valve in the drive axle system replaced. The mounting bolts for both items had been removed but not replaced causing the copper lines to be the only thing holding these items in place. This can only lead to the eventual fracture of these lines. I admit that the nuts for these bolts are extremely difficult to install but that is no excuse. Also the leaks were due to loose fittings and flare nuts. I got as much as 5 turns on some of them.
Old 10-18-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucaswillemse View Post
I spent some time under the coach the last few days looking for potential problems and found some. First the coach was properly blocked up by large 4x6 blocks. I found a number of air leaks in the air bag control system and as I was investigating the source I found that a previous owner must have had the tag regulator and another valve in the drive axle system replaced. The mounting bolts for both items had been removed but not replaced causing the copper lines to be the only thing holding these items in place. This can only lead to the eventual fracture of these lines. I admit that the nuts for these bolts are extremely difficult to install but that is no excuse. Also the leaks were due to loose fittings and flare nuts. I got as much as 5 turns on some of them.

The title to your thread says it all . It is probably a fact that no one will have as much of a vested interest in your coach as you do. Great find to prevent a probable future issue/breakdown/expense.

Timothy

(H) 336-66TWO-8333
(M) 336-33NINE-8033
Please email Private Messages
(E) timothy@devane.net

Old 10-18-2018

Yesterday I tried out my FOAM CANNON for the first time. It’s a blast, really. I used a $50 power washer I bought at a tool outlet as we head to WOG. I ordered the foam cannon from Autogeek in FL Sunday evening. Fed Ex delivered it to Pine Mountain yesterday. The pressure hose on the washer was only 20’ so it required some moving around of the unit which was a small pita but over all I think it’s a good thing and we’ll worth the $170 or so it all cost. I have a larger gasoline washer at home but this job really requires a small portable unit.
After hooking up the hoses and power cord you use 3 or 4 oz. of the concentrate to the bottle that comes with the cannon and then fill with water. I wet down one side and then shot that side with foam and then went back with plain water rinse. No brush or scrubbing. I did that side and both ends with one bottle. I used almost a full bottle on the other side.
The results of the foam cannon? With only moderate road grime, no scrubbing and first time use I’d say I was more than pleased. Compared to spending $3 per foot for a power wash with scrubbing I’d say the results were spectacular. It took a little time and $50 but the foam cannon itself should last the life of this owner. There is enough wash concentrate to do maybe 40-50 washes. And finally the $50 Ryobi power washer might last...anybody’s guess.
For a quick and easy while you’re on the road wash, you just can’t beat it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	32D33F92-15B1-4571-9817-4118F88EB244.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	58390  

Bob Sumners
1993 WB
1983 PT35 Sold
Old 10-18-2018

Poking around checking things out today and I came across a little screw laying in one of the basement areas. So, looking about I found it had fallen right out of a fresh water pressure pump. Turns out all 4 had fallen out and it was almost falling apart! This was the A pump and we had the selector knob only set to B so maybe thats why it was on B. Anyways, removed it, screwed back together, tested, still works fine and pretty quiet too.

I did call Shurflo since this pump had a manufactured date of only a few years ago and Pedro in customer service had no interest in helping me at all besides telling me to send it back and they will look at it. When I told him waiting weeks to get it back won't work for me he didn't care or offer any help. Right now I'm looking for a different pump company since I do not care to do business with Shurflo.

BTW, when I described the problem Pedro sounded very familiar and tried blaming the mounting for the failure until I beat him too it and explained it was exactly to the installation instructions I was holding in my hand. Sounds like a super common failure and they will not help one bit.
stuart@safcofoam.com