Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:
View Poll Results: Some are having issues with this thread, help us by answering this poll
Close this thread 4 4.49%
Add a moderator to moderate all posts, before allowing it in this thread or moving it to a new one. 6 6.74%
Leave it as it is. 79 88.76%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Weeks Ago

They used those grey-jacketed cables for running everything. I must have 10 of these in each wiring chase behind the overhead cabinets. I also see a couple of coax cables cut there? Maybe it was something to do with an antenna rotor?
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Kiwi3
I'm in the process of changing the hydraulic fluid on my 94. Had the same problem with the drain plug. Decided to just undo one of the hoses on the bottom instead, worked great!
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Forum owner

Be careful working around those big hoses,i have seen the bottoms cracked in the tank from the use of big wrenchs and strong arms!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Thanks Randy for the heads up.
I used two wrenches, one to support the fitting and one for the hose end.
So far so good!
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburmandds View Post
Thanks Randy for the heads up.
I used two wrenches, one to support the fitting and one for the hose end.
So far so good!
Proper procedure! good job!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Had a rather warm day here yesterday (for this time of year) so took the coach our for some exercise and to fill the tank with diesel. Across the border into Maryland I went, about 60 cents a gallon cheaper, big difference considering I got almost 200 gallons.
VB 1570
Old 2 Weeks Ago

But Markus, the roads and bridges in Pa are so much nicer as a result of our nearly highest fuel tax in the nation. . And PA turnpike fares are going up for 11th year in a row.
Craig.haedrich@hotmail.com
717 743-8764
Old 2 Weeks Ago

I only have to run across the bridge from Augusta, $2.439 at the place there in SC vs $2.80+ in GA. As you say, good thing, the WB40 got more or less a full tank yesterday on our maiden voyage.
chip@collectorsco.com / 804-357-4926
1990 SP36 75k
1992 WB40 109k
Old 1 Week Ago

Default Catch up status

Well, I got the last gasket for the living area heater, put it all back together and installed it. Lit right up and warms the coach nicely!. I put the cabinet back in place over the heater and got the sofa back in place with a little help from my daughter's boyfriend. Come to my house and eat my food, and I will put you to work!

I located an air bag to replace the front one that is bad, I should have my hands on it tomorrow and will try to get the mobile mechanic to come out Saturday to install it.

I got the bedroom heater out today - that was a royal pain. There was a duct adapter on the left side of the heater that did not go anywhere, but kept the heater from coming out. Vice grips, a right-angle screwdriver, a dremel grinder and 45 minutes and I won! The heater was hard-wired to the coach, no connector to pull and the cables too short to get the heater out - had to cut them with shears ( all power off of course ). I finally got the critter out and decided to simply replace it with the new NT16SEQ that I had bought for Retro. I had to put the SEQ into the older case since the case was cut away in the back to give clearance for the cable runs. I will get some proper wire tomorrow along with a connector and extend and connectorize the cables to the heater before re-installing.

The list of things that must be done before departing for Quartzite is getting shorter, and it seems as though I may actually get to go camping!

1. Finish bedroom heater install
2. Replace Racor filter for engine
3. Install air-bag for front axle
4. Fix windshield washer tank & pump
5. Maybe replace battery bank - will probably camp on the driveway to see how the bank supports coach loads over night (LP heaters & lights etc.)

Clean up coach from all the work, take a test drive out to flying J and fill the fuel tank and propane. Then I can work on the load-out for the trip!

Near future projects include:

Replace generator coolant hoses & coolant.

Service generator racor
Replace transmission fluid with transynd
Replace heater hoses I can get to then replace coolant with long-life coolant
Replace landing lights
Replace walkway light rope with LED strip
Replace fluorescent lights with LED strip
Fix outside porch lights

So many opportunities for learning!

Thanks for the info on the EMI filter. I will probably put a toner on some of the mystery wires in the grey cable to see where they go. I am starting to look at how I will install cell & wifi booster / hotspot and my ham radio so learning about spare / extra wiring is a handy thing.
1988 PT 40 "Silver Shadow"
88 Jeep Cherokee "Indy"
Old 1 Week Ago
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMorton View Post
Well, I got the last gasket for the living area heater, put it all back together and installed it. Lit right up and warms the coach nicely!. I put the cabinet back in place over the heater and got the sofa back in place with a little help from my daughter's boyfriend. Come to my house and eat my food, and I will put you to work!

I located an air bag to replace the front one that is bad, I should have my hands on it tomorrow and will try to get the mobile mechanic to come out Saturday to install it.

I got the bedroom heater out today - that was a royal pain. There was a duct adapter on the left side of the heater that did not go anywhere, but kept the heater from coming out. Vice grips, a right-angle screwdriver, a dremel grinder and 45 minutes and I won! The heater was hard-wired to the coach, no connector to pull and the cables too short to get the heater out - had to cut them with shears ( all power off of course ). I finally got the critter out and decided to simply replace it with the new NT16SEQ that I had bought for Retro. I had to put the SEQ into the older case since the case was cut away in the back to give clearance for the cable runs. I will get some proper wire tomorrow along with a connector and extend and connectorize the cables to the heater before re-installing.

The list of things that must be done before departing for Quartzite is getting shorter, and it seems as though I may actually get to go camping!

1. Finish bedroom heater install
2. Replace Racor filter for engine
3. Install air-bag for front axle
4. Fix windshield washer tank & pump
5. Maybe replace battery bank - will probably camp on the driveway to see how the bank supports coach loads over night (LP heaters & lights etc.)

Clean up coach from all the work, take a test drive out to flying J and fill the fuel tank and propane. Then I can work on the load-out for the trip!

Near future projects include:

Replace generator coolant hoses & coolant.

Service generator racor
Replace transmission fluid with transynd
Replace heater hoses I can get to then replace coolant with long-life coolant
Replace landing lights
Replace walkway light rope with LED strip
Replace fluorescent lights with LED strip
Fix outside porch lights

So many opportunities for learning!

Thanks for the info on the EMI filter. I will probably put a toner on some of the mystery wires in the grey cable to see where they go. I am starting to look at how I will install cell & wifi booster / hotspot and my ham radio so learning about spare / extra wiring is a handy thing.

Good job!
Put those kids to work!
My daughter has a new husband,they came for Xmas and he asked her as they were driving "do you thing Randy has any work he needs help with?"
My daughter said she laughed for 10 minutes,and then said "yes,he always has some kinda work to do!"

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com