Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Engine

Engine Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's engine.

Site Search:

Old 02-10-2011
Itchintogo

Default Remanufactured Engines

About a year and a half ago I had occasion as a volunteer board member to research and provide a new engine for a security truck we have in our gated rec community. I ended up recomending to the board Engines Direct and it was a 4 litre V6 Ford engine. This engine runs around 24/7 at 15 to 20 MPH. It has worked very well for us and allowed alot of incremental value out of that 2001 truck. Th engine has been very very good. A small seal problem at the beginning which they covered with their warranty. Could have been the mechanic who knows it was the rear main. Flawless otherwise a year and a half later with probably 45K on it.

I was just looking at pricing for a 8V92 ( just in case to try to assist the Aviary should they need it ) however Engines Direct does not have them in stock. Too bad.

BUT I did get some pricing on a 3208 and they do have them in all configurations. They will need your serial number, arrangment number and sump location though. They have long blocks and short blocks and complete drop ins. Complete includes New fuel system,water pump,turbo, oil pan etc. The complete drop in price varied from 6000 to 7000 bucks. Reasonable. I think this is about what it cost for the Bark o Lounger engine. It also includes a 2 year umlimited mile warranty.

Not sure how much stuff would have to be swapped for a BB.

Just thought I would let everyone know about this place in AZ. I would not hesitate to purchase from them as my experience is they have a very good quality product. Shipping was a snap they have it all worked out. Call Steve 800-998-2100. They also have a website at http://enginesdirect.net

I have a friend who just bought a new Mercedes ML 350 BlueTec diesel. Beautiful vehicle. The engine should it fail is 50K to replace so he was told. Makes the old 8V92 look pretty cheap now doesn't it!

Last edited by Itchintogo; 02-10-2011 at 06:43 PM. Reason: correct website url
Old 02-10-2011
Satellite dish installer.

It must be enginesdirect.net

Les & Debra Willey
LesdotWilleyatSkywaySupplydotca
six04.7five6.192one
Mission, BC, Canada
88 WB40
Old 02-10-2011
Itchintogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
It must be enginesdirect.net

Yes it is! Thanks for catching that Les. All corrected now on my original post.