Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Engine

Engine Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's engine.

Site Search:

Old 05-14-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3 View Post
I was wondering if anyone has converted to Final Charge. It is suppose to be good for 1 Million miles which would be the life of my coach. It is the "new stuff" without nitrites or cooties.

Supposedly you can use the Final Charge Converter on top of whatever you are running, then just keep topping off with Final Charge 50/50 Global.

If anyone has swapped, where did you get the converter? Kinda hard to find.

http://www.peakhd.com/product-lines/final-charge/faq/
I just did a clean/flush and change to ES Compleat, Fleetguard ELC today...good for a million miles. Here is the proviso:

"To maintain the protection provided by ES Compleat OAT, the proper level of inhibitor must be present. This can usually be achieved by topping off the cooling system with premixed ES Compleat OAT coolant. The user is responsible for ensuring proper additive levels and coolant pH through the use of test strips and the addition of new coolant if necessary. The recommended test interval is 300,000 miles, 6,000 hours, or 1 year. The test interval is a precautionary recommendation intended to prevent progressive, severe engine damage."

So the system needs testing once a year.

1994 WB40 and a slow '73 Nova SS
Palomino Valley, NV

Where we are...

Once more I have to ask "What did humans ever do to deserve dogs?"

Map of Service Centers