Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 04-15-2013

Default Why Did I Push That Button?

To Start with I hope I am posting this correctly.
Well we pulled the trigger yesterday and purchased our first Bird. It is a 1987 PT-40 with 49000 miles. From what I can tell so far, it is very sound and all the major components seem to be working. Of course right now I am overwhelmed and wondering what on earth I have done. While I believe it to be in very good shape, there are things that will need attention. Tires, thorough cleaning/detailing inside and out, finish the hardwood floor that was started, what is it that they added coming out of the driver-side of the rear bed cabinet, and for me the most intimidating, figuring out where everything is, what it does and how to turn it on and off. Thank you in advance for all the help and for being here.
Richard and Stephanie

Richard Baker
Newberg, Oregon
1987 PT40 (SOLD)
F75399
8V92
Old 04-15-2013
Administrator

Welcome Richard and Stephanie,

This is going to be a lot of fun With a lttle frustration.
We all started where you are now, so ask a lot of questions, Tell us about this Bird.
Old 04-15-2013

Welcome Richard and Stephanie: just take your time and soon you will be an expert on your new bird. Spend some time checking the function and location of each switch. Read your owners manual and most of all, ask lots of questions on WOG. We all learn from questions asked by new owners.

When able, attend a BB Rally near you...or one far away. These Birds love to travel.
SOLD 89 FC in 2012; SOLD 88 WB in 2016
Rolla, MO 65401

Last edited by giderich; 04-15-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-15-2013

Welcome Richard and Stephanie. My advice would be to go to a rally or meet up with a Wanderlodge owner that can spend some time with you that is close by.
I went from a 1978 FC to a 1987 PT. It was mind boggling, with all the switches. The wog member that I had hired to do the inspection for me, spent two days going over each and every switch and what it does. I figure those two days shortened my learning curve by at least a year. For me it was time well spent.
Westchester Sandblast
Old 04-15-2013

Great Advice All - Now I just need to figure out how to find out if there are any members in my area. I hope I'm not the Lone Ranger!

Richard Baker
Newberg, Oregon
1987 PT40 (SOLD)
F75399
8V92
Old 04-15-2013

Hi Richard, welcome to the forum! We are newbies also having only owned Mauvelous for a few months... all the switches and buttons are daunting at first but it gets better. I probably know about 10% of what everything does now... lol... Did you get the Blue Box for your Bird? There are other members with your exact coach that can help and I can help with most questions. This is a truly amazing group and it seems they all read all the posts. Ask away and you will be surprised at the volume of answers you will receive...
Old 04-15-2013
Sandwichs de Glace

Welcome Richard and Stephanie!!!

Ask questions, post pictures, make lists, and take breaks. A Wanderlodge is chock full of potential life lessons, both good and bad. And if you feel panicked, hang in there, you are not alone.

Safe travels and have fun along the way!!!

MnM
2008 Subaru Outback 2.5XT
Old 04-15-2013
Bill&Peggy

Welcome, Richard. You have come to the right place for help in getting to know your coach.

Me? I am an old timer. Well..... I am, but I have had my coach for only 6 months and the learning curve still looms ahead of me. Just the other day I figured out what heating units work with which switch. Of course it is warm weather now, so I will have forgotten by the time I need them again.
Old 04-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbiggie View Post
Great Advice All - Now I just need to figure out how to find out if there are any members in my area. I hope I'm not the Lone Ranger!
Welcome to the flock. Ask and you will receive answers. My 'Bird database shows 40 'Birds in the state of Oregon. You are not alone.

2000 LX40 Millennium Limited Edition #4 of 6
1987 PT38 8V92 "MacAttack Racing" SOLD
1974 FC31 534 gas engine, air brakes (sold)
Anaheim Hills, Calif.
714 269-6187

Do Not Send PM (Private Messages) Please
curtsprenger@gmail.com
Old 04-15-2013
BIG MAMA

Welcome......label maker was one of our best friends. We put it on each light switch and lots of wires. We had our 89 SP, which now lives about 90 miles from you in Coburg, for 10 years. It took us about 5/6 years for us to discover what one light switch worked...... . The previous owner had it for 5 years; he did not know either.... always learning!!

So many helpful folks on this forum......lifetime friends also!! Plan to attend a rally. Better yet, throw one yourself....nothing too formal.....as one member states, " have one and they will come"!!!!! Applies to questions also, ask and answers will come!!
2001 LXI single slide
04 M 380.......with goat rails SOLD
89 SP SOLD
Woodwinds450@yahoo.com