Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 06-13-2019

Default Studor vent

They are called a studor vent or valve. Like Randy said available at Homey Lowe’s. I actually did not realize that the PT had them.. never paid much attention to the plumbing diagrams yet... Will have to check for them, could be potential for smells in the bird if they fail.

Jeff LoGiudice
1984LodgeJeff@gmail.com
Temple Terrace, Florida
1984 Bluebird PT40
#F063411 6V92TA & MT654CR
& 1986 MCI 102A3
6V92TA & HT740

http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #460
Old 06-15-2019

I appreciate all the information. I have the valve in hand, I ordered it from Amazon. The problem is that there are none installed on the rig! I know what it looks like, and where it should be (roughly) and nada. I will look again, and perhaps it is behind the drawers. I used an electronic borescope to look behind the drawers and cabinets etc. but could not find the vent valve. The driver side grey drains feed into a vertical pipe that goes down to the tank and up to the roof. Perhaps they decided that it would serve for air admittance as well as tank vent ? Your drain system drawing looks similar to one of the several that I have, it just seems that the coach does not match the drawing.
1988 PT 40 "Silver Shadow"
88 Jeep Cherokee "Indy"
Old 06-16-2019

Deleted

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 06-16-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMorton View Post
I appreciate all the information. I have the valve in hand, I ordered it from Amazon. The problem is that there are none installed on the rig! I know what it looks like, and where it should be (roughly) and nada. I will look again, and perhaps it is behind the drawers. I used an electronic borescope to look behind the drawers and cabinets etc. but could not find the vent valve. The driver side grey drains feed into a vertical pipe that goes down to the tank and up to the roof. Perhaps they decided that it would serve for air admittance as well as tank vent ? Your drain system drawing looks similar to one of the several that I have, it just seems that the coach does not match the drawing.
If the drain has a vertical vent right off of it to the roof, then the studor vent would not be needed. That is the way I was assuming it was plumbed. They may have changed the design and not updated the drawing? I have seen the studor vent used where the sink is in a slide out, since they do not have an easy way to plumb the vent stack to the roof. I am not sure why they would have used one on the PT's since they do not have slide outs. Only reason I could think of would be that they did not have a good path to get the vent stack to the roof. In mine I know that I have two stacks coming out of the roof, figured one was from the grey system and one was from the black system.

Jeff LoGiudice
1984LodgeJeff@gmail.com
Temple Terrace, Florida
1984 Bluebird PT40
#F063411 6V92TA & MT654CR
& 1986 MCI 102A3
6V92TA & HT740

http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #460
Old 06-17-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMorton View Post
The driver side grey drains feed into a vertical pipe that goes down to the tank and up to the roof. Perhaps they decided that it would serve for air admittance as well as tank vent ?
The roof vent can serve as the sink vent as long as it's not too far away from the P-trap in the sink. The distance depends on the pipe diameter (and slope). For 1.5" pipe, it's about 5'. So if your sink is within 5' of the vertical stack connection, you likely don't need an AAV.

The whole reason for the vent/AAV is so that a siphon doesn't form and suck all the water out of your P-trap, which would result in odors from the sink.
Old 06-18-2019

I checked my unit tonight and I have one of these valves plumbed in right under the kitchen sink - near where the instahot was mounted. Sorry for the grainy picture - it was taken with my borescope. I feel certain your rig has at least one, but then again it seems that each of these rigs is a one-off...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3315.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	62541