Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 12-07-2018

^^^——— All of which, is why I went with L16 AGM’s for 1,260 or 1,490 Ah (depending on AUX switch position ), of which up to 50% is usable for about $3,500 out-the-door. Plus, the Magnum 2812 can be programmed to exactly match the Fullriver’s charging profile. To match that with lithiums I was looking at 800Ah and $10K+ with a quality BMS, unless I hacked a Leaf or Volt pack. Though it’d be nice to lose 400#’s of lead, at this point I’m happy. In a few years after you all have worked out the details, I’ll revisit. Keep up the good work

BTW Fullriver AGM’s do not need & the manufacturer does not recommend equalizing. They also do not gas unless overcharged and can be mounted in any position except upside down.
Old 12-08-2018

Van, where did you mount the L16s? Did they fit in the default locations or did you need to do something special? About 4 years ago I looked at lithium and went lead acid again, thinking I'd buy lithium next go around after everyone else had worked out all the kinks.
Old 12-08-2018

Created an entirely new battery bay where the LP bottle was previously located. Really wanted Lithiums but went AGM’s instead. M380 All-Electric Coach project link below. Recommend you look at entire thread:

https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...t=25074&page=6 - post #57 and a couple others
Old 1 Week Ago

I believe I have found the 30A self resetting breakers for the cargo bay heaters. On my coach they appear to be mounted on the back side of the wall behind the 12v circuit breakers in the right rear of the coach.

The inside right rear DC power center is behind swinging transparent doors, inside a carpet covered box. That box is removable with 4 corner screws.

Removing the outer box exposes the 12v circuit breaker panel. Removing 4 more screws on the corners of that black plastic circuit breaker panel exposes a hole in the rear wall through which all the wires pass to the 12v panel.

If you look through that hole in the wall, you can just barely see the breakers in the lower right corner, mounted on the back side of the wall with the hole in it.

To repair or replace them, you will probably need to remove more screws holding the "wall" with the hole in it in place. I did not go that far, but the screws that seem to hold it in place are visible, as are other screws holding a decorative frame in place that may also have to be removed.

It might barely be possible to access these breakers.and associated wiring through the hole in the wall, but you would need tiny hands and fingers with a few extra joints.

Alternatively, it might be possible to get to the back side of the wall through the corner shelving in the closet. Mine seemed to have a removable panel in that area.

The attached photos need to be rotated 90 clockwise. The second one shows the lower right corner of the hole and part of the breakers and their electrucal mounting posts can be seen. They look like the typical 30A self resetting 12v breakers I've seen before.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190109_143452.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	59795   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190109_143224.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	59796  
Old 1 Week Ago
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVinCT View Post
Alternatively, it might be possible to get to the back side of the wall through the corner shelving in the closet. Mine seemed to have a removable panel in that area.
Back in post 21 I mentioned that I removed the screws from that panel and it didn't want to budge. I might have forced it if I had any reason to, but since my system works fine I didn't go beyond some gentle prying.
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 1 Week Ago

Well I’m glad you found them. Little ‘inconvenient’ on Bluebirds part. I think this stems from the issues I had with mine. The heater fuses were getting hot, arcing and blowing, probably too much load for that design fuse panel.