Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default Rolling Stones Tailgating

Question: “How do you make 12+ 60-year-old-plus friends happy at a tailgate party before a Rolling Stones concert?”

FYI: The “old guys” are, indeed, out “on the road” for another tour that is “selling out stadiums” across the country, as a bunch of us “old guys” figure this might be the “last hoorah”...Mick just had heart surgery...but, they “say”, don’t worry, he is “back in the saddle”, we will see...

Answer: Pay for a “Premium” site next to the stadium for your Wanderlodge so that everyone will have access to a bathroom. And, make sure you don’t have to leave till the next morning...we MAY MAX OUT the post-concert, overnight occupancy limits, but, that’s another issue...

Yep, they only “love me” for the bathroom

But, that’s just another reason to own a BB
1989 SP 36 (SOLD)
Old 4 Weeks Ago

that sounds like a lot of fun
1999 Blue Bird 43LXi
Body # F123448
Chassis # 84788
Old 4 Weeks Ago

And, shortest trip this summer, only 15 miles to the stadium, I will use much more fuel running the generator than getting there...but, anytime you “warm up” the engine and run it, that’s good!
1989 SP 36 (SOLD)
Old 4 Days Ago

Well, it’s up to 30 people “tailgating” before the concert now — It’s a two-day affair with a Thursday night setup, overnight smoking the pork, then afternoon party with lots of covered dishes, then concert, then after-party...looks like another 50 hours on the ole gennie... my next door neighbor has a carpet cleaner, he has committed to a post-cleanup ;-)
1989 SP 36 (SOLD)
Old 4 Days Ago
Goat rails in the sunset

Default BYOC

Don't forget to bring your own folding lounges
Full-time in 2019
Old 4 Days Ago

Friends starting dropping off chairs today, so far I have 22 folding chairs (stacked on the sofa and the twin beds)... we will have 4 10x10 canopies set up too... somebody is bringing one of those “newfangled boomboxes” as well... apparently, I will fill a few coolers with ice “on the way in” too (not sure how I will be able to get to the cockpit )... well, did I say the BB is about the bathroom and the generator, well, yep... I love my bird... and, so do my friends!
1989 SP 36 (SOLD)
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABBird View Post
Friends starting dropping off chairs today, so far I have 22 folding chairs (stacked on the sofa and the twin beds)... we will have 4 10x10 canopies set up too... somebody is bringing one of those “newfangled boomboxes” as well... apparently, I will fill a few coolers with ice “on the way in” too (not sure how I will be able to get to the cockpit )... well, did I say the BB is about the bathroom and the generator, well, yep... I love my bird... and, so do my friends!
30 people using one bathroom, that tanks gonna fill up fast. Maybe you should let the gals use the the bird bath and send the guys to the porta potty. I know it’s only Rock n’ Roll.
Old 4 Days Ago

Wink

The SP36 has a 90 gallon black tank and 100 gallon fresh tank,
so, that’s about 180 visits — we should be good... plus, there are some bushes nearby ... ;-)
1989 SP 36 (SOLD)