Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues)

BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your BMC coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....List your BMC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Bedroom Heat

I just got my thermostat replaced in the bedroom (before that no heat or air) and Leon (National RV Refrigeration) said all the thermostat did for heat was run the fan and if I had no heat it was the water pump supplying the bedroom. Can someone tell me looking at that bank of pumps behind the Aquahot which one supply's the bedroom. It will save me a little trial and error.

BTW, it's great to have the air back in the bedroom again. Gotten to the high 80"s in Nashville for a few days so having two working is great. Hindsight, should have replaced the old thermostat in the bedroom with the new digital one when I had the front one done.

Lee - 423-292-5767 or Jacque 423-262-9569
or lnjdavis@gmail.com Please call or email instead of private messages

1995 BMC 37
300 HP Cummins 6CTA 8.3 Turbocharged Diesel
Boldly Going Nowhere
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #117
Old 5 Days Ago

Hi Lee,

On my BMC I believe the right as you look at the unit or aft most pump runs the bedroom. My Aqua Hot is on the drivers side. Or a quick way to check is only call for heat in the bedroom in the morning and it will be the pump and pipe that gets warm.
Or if it is not working it will be the one pipe that does not get warm. If the thermostat calls for heat then the fan and pump should be running. There is a check valve above the pump that some people have said can stick. They also said a gentle tapping have freed them up. The pump motor is magnetically coupled to the impeller.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 4 Days Ago

Someone else also said to check for power at that pump when the heat is turned on. Apparently turning up the thermostat not only starts the fan but sends a signal for the pump to come on.

Lee - 423-292-5767 or Jacque 423-262-9569
or lnjdavis@gmail.com Please call or email instead of private messages

1995 BMC 37
300 HP Cummins 6CTA 8.3 Turbocharged Diesel
Boldly Going Nowhere
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #117
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Davis View Post
Someone else also said to check for power at that pump when the heat is turned on. Apparently turning up the thermostat not only starts the fan but sends a signal for the pump to come on.

True. However if heat rises in a pipe that was previously cold that would be a good indication that all is well. Be advised there are three clear relays that run the three heat zones in the bus. They are under the service cover for the Aqua Hot. One of mine went bad once (bedroom) and swapping the relay with one of the functioning ones moved the problem to a different zone. I knew the relay was bad then. Joe Garner found a small piece of metal in the relay and fixed it for me.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad