Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Travel Tips - Fuel Prices

Travel Tips - Fuel Prices Everyone has travel tips. Share and discuss yours here with the rest of the group.

Site Search:
Closed Thread

Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by patticake View Post
My license plate says "Law Enforcement". I think that's all I need. Plus, I always carry an 'unmentionable" on me.
Plus, the purple bus is universally feared. (Except by my daughter who loves everything about it)
Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
No worries,we don't do guns,politics,religion here on WOG.
Thanks!!
got it thanks Randy
1999 Blue Bird 43LXi
Body # F123448
Chassis # 84788
Old 5 Days Ago

I use situational awareness and threat preparedness.

I'm also very street-smart from experience; I've been robbed twice and left for dead once. However, I'm a quick learner, I'm thankful I'm here to continue to learn.

I recently had to convince a threat that I wasn't an easy target while outside of my coach in a remote area. It didn't take long, a couple of seconds, maybe. The problem is the paperwork and legal fees afterwards.

The main thing again is awareness, don't be fooled in to " it can't/won't happen to me"
Old 5 Days Ago

This reminds me of a story from when I lived in Atlanta. The area is heavily gentrified now but when I moved to Old 4th Ward the neighborhood still had a bit of an edge to it. A lot of new money was moving into the neighborhood daily and provided many opportunities for some less than outstanding citizens.

Some guy at the apartment complex next to mine was walking to his car; a new BMW with keyless, buttonless entry and push-button start. A couple of bandits decided they wanted that car for themselves: so they took a taser, used it on him, and acquired his "keys".

They went to the car but couldn't figure out how to start it! This wasn't a matter of not being able to drive a manual transmission or some sort of old school battery switch under the seat: they were just outsmarted by the technology.

So they went back to where they left him laying, tased him again, and politely asked: "HOW DO YOU START YOUR CAR!"
kg4rrx@gmail.com 404-547-1951
Old 4 Days Ago

Dont provide anyone with a opportunity. Lightning, visibility, locked doors, barking dog, big steel bus parked next to something that you could cut your way into with a bread knife, cell phone and last but not least BIG scary unmentionables. I would like to add a auxiliary compressor so I can go RIGHT NOW.
Cape Cod,ma
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crit Bliss View Post
Dont provide anyone with a opportunity. Lightning, visibility, locked doors, barking dog, big steel bus parked next to something that you could cut your way into with a bread knife, cell phone and last but not least BIG scary unmentionables. I would like to add a auxiliary compressor so I can go RIGHT NOW.
Yeah, a view of me in my tighty-whities would probably make most men run in fear. Ha!

+1 for the Auxillary compressor
Old 4 Days Ago

Maybe because I live in the litigious state of Kalifornia I would gently recommend everyone consider a none lethal response also. Various levels of response may be a life saver for you or someone else. Not saying it is the only answer. Just saying you can always go up but it is difficult to go down to less threatening levels.

I am not a lawyer or law enforcement so you be the judge of this advice.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 4 Days Ago

I try to pull into the scariest looking places to numb myself to it. If I have to leave the bus unattended that's what would bother me. While inside my steel and glass fortress with my 3 dogs I feel fine. Nobody can see inside, either. While outside the bus, when the passers-by spy my impressive codpiece they just walk the other way.
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwinter1946 View Post
Maybe because I live in the litigious state of Kalifornia I would gently recommend everyone consider a none lethal response also. Various levels of response may be a life saver for you or someone else. Not saying it is the only answer. Just saying you can always go up but it is difficult to go down to less threatening levels.

I am not a lawyer or law enforcement so you be the judge of this advice.

Sounds like a political statement to me. If talking about owning/carrying guns is going to be off limits, so should talking about not having/using them.

Sky Cheney
1998 43' LXi #F119728
Lansing, Michigan
Old 4 Days Ago
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOWBIRD View Post
Sounds like a political statement to me. If talking about owning/carrying guns is going to be off limits, so should talking about not having/using them.
I agree,thread closed.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Closed Thread