Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Engine

Engine Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's engine.

Site Search:

Old 3 Days Ago
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuenti View Post
I need a favor from an owner with a 1995 S60.

The radiator shop states that there was no identifying serial or part number on either the radiator or CAC, which I need in order to provide to QS&T for an estimate.

If someone could please take a look, that would be greatly appreciated.

There was a post on this but it was for a 1997 S60. However, the part number that was posted only brought up the CAC, and not the CAC and radiator stack. I gave QS&T the number ending with both "CA" and "A", but it only came up as the CAC. They said that a serial number would work.

Thank you in advance!

The place i use just needs dimensions.
I have never seen a number.
The last time (a few months ago) i just sent them my old rad and cac,cratd it up and shipped it off,within a week i got a crate back with the new rad and cac inside.

when we had a local rad shop (owner died) they did several recores on rads for me,no problem at all,less than a week down time in a back country town..

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 3 Days Ago

If only it had broken at home, it would have given me the opportunity to do some of the work myself and learn a few more things along the way.

I know that I’m in for a hefty bill as I’ve also had to replace the hydraulic fan motor. Empire CAT seem reasonable with their end of the work, but I would feel more comfortable with another estimate for the radiator.
Old 3 Days Ago
Forum owner

the 95-96 are the same,the 97 is NOT even close.
I have a good used but rebuilt rad here,but i would get new.
if you crate the stuff up i can hook you up with the right people,way over in Alabama

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 3 Days Ago

I may have to look into that. Unfortunately, the CAC and rad are not at Empire, so I may need to drive out to Phoenix to have it crated up if the shop won't do it.

Alternatively, if I can't get a part number for QS&T to reference, our house is close to some major truck depots (off the I-10), so I'm sure there must be a commercial radiator shop nearby that may be able to assist. If I have to drive out to AZ, I have a mind to bring it back and have this done closer to home.

They quoted me a decent price for the CAC, but 5200 for a radiator seems to be a bit too high.

It's good to know that you have not seen numbers, it gives me more confidence with what I'm hearing from the radiator shop. QS&T say that they put tags on all their products, but I suspect these may have a propensity to fall off, especially after 25+ years of use.
Old 3 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuenti View Post
I need a favor from an owner with a 1995 S60.

The radiator shop states that there was no identifying serial or part number on either the radiator or CAC, which I need in order to provide to QS&T for an estimate.

If someone could please take a look, that would be greatly appreciated.

There was a post on this but it was for a 1997 S60. However, the part number that was posted only brought up the CAC, and not the CAC and radiator stack. I gave QS&T the number ending with both "CA" and "A", but it only came up as the CAC. They said that a serial number would work.

Thank you in advance!
The radiator and CAC are separate pieces. I don't think you will find a single # that includes both items.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 3 Days Ago

Makes sense to me. However, if memory serves me right, the post on the 1997 coach indicated that the number ending with CA was for the CAC only whereas the number ending in A was for the CAC and rad stack (or vice versa). Perhaps the letters make it a different part????

That said, QS&T was only able to pull up one of the numbers (don't recall if it was the one ending with A or CA) and it was only in reference to the CAC. Unfortunately, Randy confirmed my concerns that the 1997 is a separate beast from the 95-96, so that number does me no good.

It's a shame that their database does not track by application. I would have thought that if they had a contract to supply multiple units that the information would be included in their database for future reference. But as we know all too well, hindsight is always 20/20.
Old 3 Days Ago
"Master Of None"

AZ bus sales. in Colton they service a thousand Bluebirds. parts guy has access to the build sheets. he can then compare it to other models and may be able to set you up. Stewarts in Riverside does-did all their radiators. I would run it by stewarts first. he can pull the tanks and look while it is in the back of your truck. I had a N-14 re- cored in Fontana once because it was $200. less but the repaint and gasket work was slop. I just didnt feel good about what I then did not see. the Fontana Rad held up another 100K untill I pulled it for Stewarts to rod so I guess it was good
a SOB with a LXi
Old 3 Days Ago

Thank you, I will give them a call tomorrow morning!
Old 3 Days Ago

Update

The issue has been resolved within an acceptable price range. I'm excited to get the coach back, it should have significantly improved performance and gas mileage...looking forward to both!

Thanks again to all!