Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 1 Day Ago
Geek

Typically the antenna cable runs first to a powered signal booster, then to one side of the A-B switch, usually the A side. The cable from the Hurricane bay should run directly to the A-B switch, usually the B side. Both would normally come in from the left.
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 23 Hours Ago
Ed

Default We will check it out

So, if we find cables hooked up to the A,B box that would be good news. But since we won't be using the A,B box with the new smart TV, I presume
those cables should be plugged into the new TV?

When the old TV was there we were able to receive local stations sometimes so I presume the cable that was connected when we took the TV down was the antenna cable?

Ed and Carolyn
Old 23 Hours Ago
Geek

The cable that went to the TV should have come from the output line on the A-B switch.

Why would you not use the A-B box on the new TV? Or does it actually have two Coax inputs? I haven't seen that on any TV, but it would be possible.
Old 23 Hours Ago
Geek

Actually, the output of the A-B switch probably went to a splitter, which then went to both front and rear TVs.
Old 19 Hours Ago
Ed

My husband questioned my asking the question about running A & B lines to the TV also. He said there is only one input as you said. So, there are two splitters in the box over the drivers seat. You can't see them in the pictures because they are wound up and stuffed more in the back. We will go out and further investigate and I will post again later. Thank you for being so patient with us!

Ed and Carolyn
Old 18 Hours Ago
Geek

The second splitter should take the signal to the outside receptacle in the passenger side third bay. So when on the A side all three should get antenna signal, and when on the B side all should get cable, if one is attached in the Hurricane bay.
Old 15 Hours Ago

My coax sends a standard definition to all three TVs, front, bedroom and outside, but I bought two HD wireless transmitter receivers with a 100 foot range from Amazon and they have worked great for years sending HD video and sound to the bedroom TV and outside TV...this saves running HD cable. You can do the same with only one, but will have to disconnect it from either the outside or the bedroom to use it on the other. BTW, setting the Direct TV remote to RF will permit you to change your Direct TV receivers from anywhere in the coach or near the coach when you are outside.