Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 05-23-2010

Default M380 BedRoom 12V Electrical Issue

The 12V lights in the bedroom (rear slide model) do not respond (work) to the switches. There is power from all of the circuit breakers but none at the switches. Lights work when power from another source is applied at the switch. Ground is not an issue. There must be a cannon plug somewhere to disconnect wiring harness in case slide needs to be removed so that the wiring harness would not need to be cut. I think that cannon plug must have become disconnected. The question is, where is the plug and how to gain access. Is it in the slide or in the bus? Maybe in the closet area and if so how is the best way to get to it?

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks.

JC
Old 05-23-2010

John, not sure where you will find the cannon plug, look for access panels on the walls in the closet, or above bed. If you look close there are cut out panels that can be accessed by removing the screws that hold it in place. I find these panels all around my coach.
Old 05-23-2010

Thanks, I'm looking. I think it's probably in the closet. I'm going to pull a panel in the cabinet over the bed first 'cause it's easier. Probably wont be it, but maybe I can see it from there.

JC
Old 05-23-2010

John, I think I remember seeing those wires going to that bedroom switch panel when I had my bed apart trying to fix my slide lock. Don't remember seeing a connector but wasn't looking for one. Bed is not hard to remove, throw mattress off and there is about 8 screws holding the board on top of the bed. Take that board off and I think you can see those wires.
lloyd.chaffin@att.net
Old 05-24-2010

Good news is that I fixed it. Bad news is that I don't know how. The wiring harness goes over the bed through the cabinet overhead. It goes into the bus at the top rear of the slide. I must have moved the bundle enough that the connection was re-established. I'm thinking that the connection must be accessible (if at all) maybe in the vicinity of the top rear corner of the slide when it's in the service position retracted into the bus. If anyone reads this that knows or has any ideas please let me know. When I get time I'm going to get in touch with Johnnie. I think that there's a good possibility that he can give me the info that I need.

JC