Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 01-11-2019
BIG MAMA

I don’t like to smell some of the food cooking inside the Bird. I cook hamburger, outside, prior to leaving home and freeze. I do not like to cook. I’ve done it for over 50 years...if I ask Jim what he is fixing for dinner, he says, where do you want to go? Off we go. Last night I had just put the frozen hamburger in the instant Pot when our friends asked if we wanted to go out. Boom, food in refrigerator and off we went!
2001 LXI single slide

04 M 380.......with goat rails SOLD
Old 01-11-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
Tim,
While anything will work if you want to go to the trouble and expense, but the 24" width on most of the buses will be an issue that will take a major reno and most likely a considerable expense. Even an 18" will require some mods but will more likely be manageable.
Jim, that is understandable. I just wanted an opportunity to show my ignorance since I don't have a frame of reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
On the dishwasher - I can't do the 24" wide model, but one of the 18" counter top models slides right in below the cooktop. That is going in before spring. My research has, surprisingly, revealed that those small countertop models do a really good job washing the dishes. All of the horror stories I've read about (a small number) are because of a leaking hose connection or a gummed up gasket...
Roger That on the 18" Andy.

Timothy

(H) 336-66TWO-8333
(M) 336-33NINE-8033
Please email Private Messages
(E) timothy@devane.net

Old 01-11-2019
Forum owner

I love to cook too,and i use a crockpot whe we drive,and the grill and my hot plate outside.
Like Randy T,i am normally disappointed with going out to eat.
I am not a food snob,i am not a food snob,i am,,,

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 01-11-2019

Andy:

I gave up carrying my anvil collection around and have replaced it with the following:
  1. Portable single burner induction cooktop. Works in the coach as well on the picnic table via an extension cord.
  2. InstantPot 3qt.- works well for 2 people -rice, stews etc
  3. Mini Green Egg (charcoal) - for 2 people- hamburgs, steaks, spatchcock chicken, individual sized pizzas (550+ degrees F), even made pulled pork.
  4. Weber Q 100 (propane) - kabobs, grilled vegetables, with griddle- bacon, eggs and pancakes, and grilling for more than 2 people.
  5. Lodge Cast Iron frying pan, 5 qt double dutch oven.
  6. Tefal stack able sauce pans, removable handles etc.
  7. Glass wine goblets.
While we do eat out occasionally, we do not enjoy the results of the excessive salt used in restaurant meals.

I hope you enjoy your new dishwasher.

Our dishwasher is a 70+year old, 180 lb male object. It requires minimum maintenance. Stores in part of a queen bed at night time. Relatively quiet. Rarely emits unusual sounds and smells. Portable. Powered by 3 meals a day, some caffeine and adult beverage. Sadly, the warranty has expired many years ago and replacement parts are difficult to find.

Cheers

len.mcleod@gmail.com
Old 01-11-2019

I put a F&P single drawer in my boat. The wife loved it so much, I had to install a double drawer unit at home. So far, she hasn't insisted I put one in the Bird. I hope not, since the 24" unit would be difficult to work into the existing cabinetry without a major remodel.

Sky Cheney
1998 43' LXi #F119728
Lansing, Michigan
Old 01-11-2019

I LOVE to cook and will cook some awesome meals in the coach and at home. The great thing about cooking gourmet at home is that I get to control what fats I use and how much. Good fats are good and some fats are just plain bad. Unplug your appliances when not in use though. Especially Ninja blenders!!!!!!

David & Nicole Stokes
Atlanta, Georgia
'98 LXi 43'
'97 Jeep Wrangler
229-834-8677
Old 01-11-2019

[QUOTE=tsdevane;439803]Jim, that is understandable. I just wanted an opportunity to show my ignorance since I don't have a frame of reference.

Well Timothy, you are not ignorant and you are right you don't have a frame of reference. I was only trying to lessen the disappointment of finding out this particular model would not fit in your coach, after you had finally found one and got it home and sitting in your driveway. Now you can research smaller units and still look forward to modernizing your coach.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 01-11-2019
Black Sheep Division

My wife is a good cook. We don't care for eating out much either so we stock the bus with lots of food and she make it good. We dry camp at relatives homes a lot so lots of good meals shared with family. The funny thing is the family invariably ends up eating on the bus with us. One year we (she) fed 16 folks Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey and trimmings! It was an interesting day..........

TOM
Old 01-11-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
I love to cook too,and i use a crockpot whe we drive,and the grill and my hot plate outside.
Like Randy T,i am normally disappointed with going out to eat.
I am not a food snob,i am not a food snob,i am,,,
I'm not a food snob, but I get really peeved when I get a frozen burger somewhere. I named my dog Maki, if you know what that means...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDM680 View Post
I gave up carrying my anvil collection around and have replaced it with the following:
  1. Portable single burner induction cooktop. Works in the coach as well on the picnic table via an extension cord.
  2. InstantPot 3qt.- works well for 2 people -rice, stews etc
  3. Mini Green Egg (charcoal) - for 2 people- hamburgs, steaks, spatchcock chicken, individual sized pizzas (550+ degrees F), even made pulled pork.
  4. Weber Q 100 (propane) - kabobs, grilled vegetables, with griddle- bacon, eggs and pancakes, and grilling for more than 2 people.
  5. Lodge Cast Iron frying pan, 5 qt double dutch oven.
  6. Tefal stack able sauce pans, removable handles etc.
  7. Glass wine goblets.
I had to look up those tefals, very handy! I think I'm going to order some this weekend. I will always have a cast iron pan with, but I need to figure out the grill thing. I might be able to get an infrared set up in my LP bay outside. I have a 160,000 btu wok burner I set up for some outdoor asian cooking that I'd like to take with, too. I smoke a lot at home and do quite a bit of sous vide, too. The sous vide works great on the bus, but I haven't been gone long enough to bring a smoker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDM680 View Post
Our dishwasher is a 70+year old, 180 lb male object. It requires minimum maintenance. Stores in part of a queen bed at night time. Relatively quiet. Rarely emits unusual sounds and smells. Portable. Powered by 3 meals a day, some caffeine and adult beverage. Sadly, the warranty has expired many years ago and replacement parts are difficult to find.
I'd hate to clean up the piles out in the yard from that dog! Wait, 70 years old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Stokes View Post
I LOVE to cook and will cook some awesome meals in the coach and at home. The great thing about cooking gourmet at home is that I get to control what fats I use and how much. Good fats are good and some fats are just plain bad. Unplug your appliances when not in use though. Especially Ninja blenders!!!!!!
DAVE, I have a Ninja at home and I'm tempted to just leave it plugged in all the time now. I kid, I kid. But no, really, I should get 3 or 4 more and leave them plugged in.
Old 01-11-2019

When I got my induction cooktop I got a set of these, but I didn't pay that much About 60% of that if I recall correctly. https://express.google.com/u/0/produ...kaAg95EALw_wcB They are all steel and are what you need for induction but work great on any kind of cooktop. They literally take up only enough space for one pot and they don't shake, rattle or roll when going down the road. Man I love that induction cooktop. Boils water in less that 60 seconds. The microwave can't even do it that fast.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN