Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 09-25-2019
Ed

Default External tv tuner and converting tvs

The TV and soundbar are in but not connected to anything. Hoped to find out from someone what step next to get it working. As I said before we are not at all familiar with any of this crazy set up. My wife is good at running things once working.

The more we read on the WOG the more confused we get. Obviously people have different ways of working out the rats nest issues of what needs to go where and what should be thrown. If we ditch the AB switch what to replace it with? We have 3 TV (one outside) and 2 DVD/cd players to try to get going.
Old 09-25-2019

Leave the AB switch for antenna and campground or if you have a sat dish (or put in an A-B-C if so inclined). Stock antenna on the M380 works fine for Digital OTA signals. Nice to be able to plug into a campground for local news and such. Rig up good surge protected power source for everything. I like what DonB did in my coach, a few hardware store 110VAC switch boxes with plug outlets on the reverse side and then to surge protection. He will eventually see this post and weigh in.
chip@collectorsco.com / 804-357-4926
2004 M380 98k/22xx hours
Former: 90 SP36, 92 WB40, 85 FC35SB & others
Old 09-26-2019
Geek

Not sure what I can add. Each situation is different; for example I had satellite, and did not have a third TV to figure in. I actually rarely used the antennas, and also rarely used the bedroom TV, so the primary was just an HDMI cable from the sat box to the TV.

Having said that, the basic wiring scheme:
Park cable connection to B side of switch.
Antenna cable to antenna booster.
Booster to A side of switch.
AB output to splitter, one to rear TV and one to Front TV.

The Booster, which was a stock item, was plugged into the same power switch (part of the set of 4 that Chip mentioned) as the TV.

Never used the Bose system as a DVD player, but if that was desired it would run to the TV using RGB cables.
Prior: 2004 M380 Double Slide
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 09-27-2019

I have three TVs. Cockpit; bedroom; outside mounted in the second Bay and connected to the cable nub and electric in the third curbside bay counting front to back. I have two dishes, a roof mounted Wingard Trv'lr and a Winegard Carryout for use when the roof mounted dish is blocked. The cabling and splitter for the Carryout is set up in the bay with holes drilled below for the carryout wires and plugged with rubber plugs when not in use. This is the bay below the pilot chair where the aux compressor and generator battery is located. I have two A/B switches. One of them switches from park cable to roof mounted dish. The other a/b switch switches from roof mounted dish to carryout dish. I have two direct TV receivers in the overhead cabinet. One runs the front TV the other the bedroom TV gives my wife plenty of capacity to records shows. The bed room TV receives standard definition signals if I switch it to the coax cable that came with the coach and HD signals if I switch the TV to the wireless HDMI input source which has the sender in the front overhead cabinet and the receiver in the bedroom tv cabinet. Same with the outside TV. It receives a standard signal from the original coax cable and an HD signal from a second wireless transmitter receiver on the direct tv receiver that runs the front TV. My direct tv remote control can operate the inside receiver from anywhere inside or outside the coach. This set up saved me from having to fish wires throughout the coach except for the carry out wire which was easy to run up through the generator battery bay into the overhead cabinet with the wires all hidden behind the existing molding.
Old 09-27-2019

Mediasonic ATSC Digital Converter Box with Recording / Media Player / TV Tuner Function (HW130STB) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EW098XS..._oDOJDbSB6N93H
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org
Old 09-27-2019

Thanks Shahin, I left out of my narrative that I do get HDTV over the air channels too using the antennae that came with the M380 and the quality is pretty good and if all this TV stuff isn't good enough, we travel with our ATT hotspot and get broadcast and Direct TV programming on our cell phones and Ipad which can be watched on the TVs. This feature took the place of in-motion TV when our standard definition in motion dish stopped functioning. I have an Ipad mount next to the co-pilot chair and my wife can watch her shows as I watch the scenery as we drive by. We also down load movies and series on the Ipad and watch them on the TVs. My wife is a big TV person, I prefer listening to the coyotes while I am outside waxing the coach!
Old 09-27-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Thanks Shahin, I left out of my narrative that I do get HDTV over the air channels too using the antennae that came with the M380 and the quality is pretty good and if all this TV stuff isn't good enough, we travel with our ATT hotspot and get broadcast and Direct TV programming on our cell phones and Ipad which can be watched on the TVs. This feature took the place of in-motion TV when our standard definition in motion dish stopped functioning. I have an Ipad mount next to the co-pilot chair and my wife can watch her shows as I watch the scenery as we drive by. We also down load movies and series on the Ipad and watch them on the TVs. My wife is a big TV person, I prefer listening to the coyotes while I am outside waxing the coach!
We don’t do much TV, except for news and sport which we get via over the air antenna 360° Omni Directional Amplified... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H46M4BD...p_mob_ap_share
I replaced both TVs with smart TVs and put a chromecast ultra on both!
Then I got a Mofi router with AT&T SIM card in it that I get unlimited data without tethering up to 100gig/month and installed an antenna Proxicast Professional... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MDP5LVS...p_mob_ap_share . So we can steam movies or
TV shows everywhere within reach of AT&T service. I also wired an access point Ubiquiti UAP-AC-M-US Unifi Mesh... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9FIELY...p_mob_ap_share from Mofi to the roof so we can get great signal outdoors so we could project movies outdoor if we want to, but that one was mostly for me to be able to work outside the coach. Good
Luck with the new setup.
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org
Old 09-28-2019

Umm Chip, very old post
"Smooth Ride"
Full Timing with 2 cats
Old 09-28-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc2x4drvr View Post
Umm Chip, very old post
Yeah, Ed started it and I didn't look at the date!
chip@collectorsco.com / 804-357-4926
2004 M380 98k/22xx hours
Former: 90 SP36, 92 WB40, 85 FC35SB & others
Old 09-28-2019

Sorry for jumping off topic. Does anyone know how to run a wire from the TV to the driver dashboard. PO installed a very nice Kenwood unit (DNX893s) but wired it incomplete. I can play DVD from it to the TV with use of surround sound but they didn’t wire an audio feedback for when we stream to the TV. I traced the RCA they ran for the DVD and it goes from the TV on top to the passenger side above the entry door and not sure where it goes from there to get to driver dash. I am thinking it must be more direct or easier route to go from driver dash to the TV like may be the seem between two windshields!
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org