Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 02-23-2018

So we made it on our very first camping trip and it went off mainly with any hitches. We met up with some awesome people and of course had some great food and even better company. That you all for your hospitality.

Only gremlin I would say we had, other than me having to return to work this morning, was we never got the stove top to work. I am sure it was just a matter of us missing something....like running the left windshield wiper while pushing a button and chanting to the gods of propane. Maybe it should have been the right? In any event, we'll get it figured out. Oh, and I came down with some lovely chigger bites.
I did discover on the trip home that I REALLY enjoy listening to the engine purr thru the exhaust while I was trying to sleep. The combination of that awesome purr and the motion of the road put me in a happy little coma.
Maybe I was a trucker in a past life? I hated to leave poor Tony to do all that night driving by himself, but 0330 hours came very early this morning for me. The struggle was real!
I anxiously await our next adventure! Now I have to find a 12v CPAP machine for my Bunkie so I don't wind up killing him on our next trip.

Lee County, Florida

1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"
1991 Toyota 4Runner TOAD or
1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Old 02-23-2018
BIG MAMA

I hated to leave poor Tony to do all that night driving by himself, but 0330 hours came very early this morning for me. The struggle was real![/COLOR][

Well neighbor, we never heard you leave. As a matter of fact I got up, opened the blinds just to make sure....
See you on our next adventure!
2001 LXI single slide

04 M 380.......with goat rails SOLD
Old 02-23-2018

Not sure how you missed my musical horn imitation of "On the Road Again" as we departed. lol
Thanks again for everything and hope to see you guys again soon.

Lee County, Florida

1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Old 02-23-2018

The propane stovetop requires that the propane detector be turned on and working properly. It's generally found in the kick panel under the stove at floor level. If it's not working, there's no current to the solenoid that opens the gas supply at the main tank.

Many CPAP machines, including the one I use, make use of a power supply plugged into the wall that provides 12 VDC to the machine itself. This makes your task much easier, as now all you must do is find a source of 12 volt near the bed, install an outlet, and make up a cable with the proper ends to match your outlet and the power input on the CPAP.

Lynn Haven, Florida
1999 LXi 43 dual slide
Honda CR-V toad

850 814 9022
Old 02-23-2018

Inverters work great for CPAP.
Old 02-23-2018

I'd be tempted to rig up something like a low battery alarm if i was going to rely on the bus batteries for a CPAP. At least then if the battery goes down you or he will wake up.
Old 02-23-2018

Good point. We'd only use the DC function if we were dry camping, otherwise we'd just use the 110 when plugged in. Might look at having an additional battery just for the CPAP so it doesn't run the chance of draining our house batteries. I have no idea what kind of power draw they create.

Lee County, Florida

1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Old 02-23-2018

The good old internet says anywhere from 10 to 300 watts! You should be able to figure it out, or post the part number and I'll try to figure it out.
Old 02-23-2018

Thanks, but of course I am at work and so is he. He has two different types and I have no clue what their model # is. One is a ResMed Elite s8 and the other is a Phillips Respironics Remstar auto.

Lee County, Florida

1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Old 02-23-2018

Glad to hear your maiden voyage went well. Rose and I attended our first Rally in January and loved it. As in your case, our attendance was also cut short by that four-letter-word, but it was good times nonetheless. We'll be staying longer next year and planning more trips this year.

About the CPAP issue, I'm sure the inverter should solve the problem if you don't have other parasitic draws that would otherwise drain your batteries. However, if you are looking for a solution specific to CPAP's and independent of power gremlins in your coach, you may be interested in browsing the link below (For the record, I have no business interest in this company. I too have a CPAP, and the owner has been helpful to me and others I've referred her way):

https://www.sleepapneacpapsupplies.com/portable/

I know it can be a bit pricey, but this would provide some peace of mind, especially if you plan on doing a fair amount of boondocking. You may find similar products at a better price, but I thought I'd share this just in case there's interest.