Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 09-19-2018
Forum owner

Default Summer trip

A few weeks ago Carol and I were driving through southern Ark.
It had been raining alot down there and the ditches and median were both full of water.
This was down in the rice field part of Ark.
4 lane road,we were taking it easy,running about 55mph,2 cars ahead of us,driving side x side pretty much.

Both cars put on their brakes hard and i'm looking ahead,trying to figure out if its a deer or dog in the road when i see a big sheet of water and out of the median a white ford cop car come sliding sideways out of the median!
The grass in the median was very high,like waste deep.
The car gets it under control and now hes heading north in the south bound lanes,the cars ahead of me both dodge the guy and the car continues north as i give him room,he pulls over into a crossover just before i got to him.

Its a retired crown vic,and its covered with mud and grass and weeds,the guys inside all bail out and start checking out the car,i could see the bald eagle tires on the car as we drove slowly past!

So they spun out in the rain and went sideways and backwards through the median,throwing water and mud everywhere!
Theres grass stuck in all the tires,between the wheel and tires,grass in all the door jambs and and hanging out of the hood gaps,since nobody was hurt i started laughing,man seeing that car come through the median was funny as heck!
It reminded me of airboating,sideways at speed!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com