Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M450 (Unique Issues)

M450 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M450 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M450 Parts here too. NO DISCUSSION OF ANY OF THE M450 LAWSUITS ALLOWED HERE.

Site Search:

Old 03-17-2019

Off the jacks requirement to open and close a 450 is a bit confusing also points to the need to read the owners manual and follow engineer instructions for what ever their reason.I plan to look at the 450 wanderlodge.com has in California, good to know i dont need to check slide tubes.. On the air blatter seals in the other lxi's, as instructed, they need full airtanks for the seal evacuate process to complete.
Old 03-17-2019

That’s it Woody. The bar is part of the coach body. And also per Dan’s part #. The sealhasa 2” wiper so letter b
Austintown,Ohio
Old 03-17-2019
ANOTHER REDNECK

i guess i have a hard time to grasp how that would seal around the round corners we have and looks like it needs a lip to complete closure of the seal

I think I got it--------
so looking at the side of bus bottom of the slide..the flap stands up-------the 2 bulbs are to double up the seal---------

so we can push in slide--------install a piece of angle iron all around slide..push on seal to install-lubricate it with slide spray and let er go............
Just a Hobby Shop now-Bird Repairs upon Appt and my Schedule -USAR Retired
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net
http://www.ebay.com/usr/woody19571

Old 03-17-2019

What lip? To hold the seal in place? Yes that is correct. I imagine the air seal does not have that ridge to attach the seal to the coach body. The wiper seals the corners as it bends around the corner. Our corners are round too
Austintown,Ohio
Old 03-17-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregOC View Post
Off the jacks requirement to open and close a 450 is a bit confusing also points to the need to read the owners manual and follow engineer instructions for what ever their reason.I plan to look at the 450 wanderlodge.com has in California, good to know i dont need to check slide tubes.. On the air blatter seals in the other lxi's, as instructed, they need full airtanks for the seal evacuate process to complete.
The quick and easy fix for the slide issues is this, put a quarter inch ball valve in the airline going to the air manifold for the slide locks . Once that is in place manually unlock the slides with the buttons that are on the manifold then shut the air off via that quarter inch ball valve and wait for all the air to exit the system and the red lights to come on indicating that the slides are unlocked . Once you do that leave the air shut off to that manifold . It has been determined that the slide motor and worm gear that runs the slide in and out is stout enough that the slides do not need to be locked . The motor that operates the slides is a worm gear direct drive motor and does not move until power is applied to it
Austintown,Ohio
Old 03-17-2019

A bunch of talk about the air seal vaccum pump on prevost forums. But kind of wish the 450 had an airseal, if owners follow proper procedures they are tight and work great. When i shopped for my 99 lxi one owner opened the slide in his garage and you could hear the rubber drag. Then Rickey Craven pit manager went to open the slide on the one I bought and he first started the detroit to airup. Reset auto jacks, turned key, checked drivers seat, waited for light, hit the button, no rubber noise. I asked why he aired up he said it was one of the design procedures i am not the one to ask.
Old 03-17-2019

Having done this procedure on my coach , I can run my slides in or out whether the coach be aired up, aired down ,on the jacks ,off the jacks ,it don’t matter
Austintown,Ohio
Old 03-17-2019

Bluebird procedure for the 450 by Bluebird. QA--Allen Barbee

FOFI

First out, Last in

Always in road height when moving slides, due to chassis twist ( 300 inch wheelbase ), they may bind if in any other mode ( like level, over high, or on the bumpers ).
San Marcos, CA

Old 03-17-2019

Sorry guys on the acronym.

Should be FOLI

First put the slides out at road height, then level and last when leaving after road height attained, put the slides in.
San Marcos, CA

Old 03-18-2019
ANOTHER REDNECK

thanks too all for this information

Just got a sample coming..think its a upgrade over that silly inner tube deal!!!
Just a Hobby Shop now-Bird Repairs upon Appt and my Schedule -USAR Retired
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net
http://www.ebay.com/usr/woody19571