Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 09-21-2019

Default air bags 101

While removing the sway bar ends today I noticed the difference in my front air bags. I am assuming these pics simply represent two bags that have different volumes of air. Looking for confirmation of that. Additionally, I do lose about 70lbs, both white and orange needle, in about 4 hrs, and I removed sway bar in hopes of improving ride quality. So, knowing all that are the pics still normal? I am sitting on a level concrete pad with just front levelers up and blocking in place. When lowered, I do sit level within 1/16, measuring from concrete to wheel well.
Thanks for any input.
Jon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	curb side front air bag.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	64250   Click image for larger version

Name:	driver side front bag.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	64251  
Old 09-21-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCoote View Post
While removing the sway bar ends today I noticed the difference in my front air bags. I am assuming these pics simply represent two bags that have different volumes of air. Looking for confirmation of that. Additionally, I do lose about 70lbs, both white and orange needle, in about 4 hrs, and I removed sway bar in hopes of improving ride quality. So, knowing all that are the pics still normal? I am sitting on a level concrete pad with just front levelers up and blocking in place. When lowered, I do sit level within 1/16, measuring from concrete to wheel well.
Thanks for any input.
Jon
Those appear to be two different types of air bags. You are level so maybe you are ok.
1989 WB 2017-2019 Sold
2018 Ford F150 4x4
Old 09-22-2019

Thanks Al for your input. Why do you think they may be different types? What am I not seeing?
Thanks
Old 09-22-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCoote View Post
Thanks for any input.
Jon

The pics were taken with the coach jacked up and on blocks?
No air in the bags?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 09-22-2019

Yes, pics were shot with levelers extended. Tag dumped first, sup dump for a short period, possibly to 60lb then shut off, levelers deployed, blocked.
Wondering if there is any relationship to the one bag looking more deflated, and our air leak? As well as, is that how a partially deflated bag looks?
Old 09-22-2019

Take it off the jack. Air the system up and then look at the bags. They are rubber. Their shape is dependent on air pressure and load.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 09-22-2019

Thanks Rick for your input. Yea, I get all that, that's why I mentioned that I do sit level once aired up. I was hoping someone smarter than I would look at the pics and be able to say...."totally normal", or, "double check so & so valve, you shouldn't be deflating at unequal pressures." After sitting overnight both bags appear exactly the same. So the unequal pressure happens upon sup dump.
Looking forward to my new Koni's to arrive!