Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 12-26-2009

Default Slide with loss of air (SEAL)

I am a new member. Bought my 04 m380 about three weeks ago. My rear slide is loosing air in the middle and at the bottom of my bedroom slide. Any suggestions would be appriciated.

I do not type good, so I keep responses short. There is no intention of being rude.

Bill
billsallee@charter.net
Old 12-27-2009

Welcome Bill. Hope you have met your nice neighbor Ernie in Weatherford. And if Bim looks at it he will be all over your problem like a bloodhound.
1986 PT36 6V92 "Golden Memories"-Sold
1993 WB40 "freeNeasy"-Sold
Old 12-27-2009

I met Bill a couple weeks ago. Nice coach, wavy exterior walls have been eliminated. Fantastic looking interior. Sorry, can't help with the air leak. I wonder if the air seal around the slide needs to be replaced?
www.ernieekbergflooring.net
Old 12-27-2009

Bill,

That is a bad sound I am afraid. Probably a hole in the slide seal. There is a seal like a little inter-tube that goes all the way around the slides. When the side is IN or OUT the seal is inflated and seals off the crack all the way around the room.

To be sure it is the seal, you can turn off the air to the seals by opening the air dump valve on the air manifold. It is located in roadside bay#2 above the fresh water tank in a black box. The valve is on the left side of the air manifold and when you twist it you will hear a rush of aid and that cuts off the air going to the slides. If your air leak stops then its definitely a hole in the seal.

Good news is seals can be replaced or patched. I haven't had much luck with patches and had mine replaced when it leaked. You get to the bedroom seal by putting the room in service mode and make it move up inside the coach far enough to expose the seal so it can be fixed or replaced. The seals are made my HWH. You can call them and get a price to replace it. Be sitting down when you hear the price.
lloyd.chaffin@att.net
Old 12-27-2009

Default Slide with loss of air

Bill:

I repaired mine about 3 years ago with super glue. I didn't write down the procedure for retracting the slide but I was told to use super glue for the repair by the Blue Bird techs and it has been fine ever since.

Good Luck

Amateur Radio - KG7V
Old 12-27-2009

Bill,

I haven't done it in awhile but I am pretty sure this is how to expose bedroom seal.

1. Be sure to unlatch the awning arms so they can move when slide goes in or you will bend them.

2. Just like normally putting slide out run it out just a few inches. Not all the way out. This will put the lock motor in the "unlocked" position.

3. Now go outside and flip the service switch. Switch is in the middle of the bedroom controller assembly which is located in roadside bay#3 in the black box.

4. Go back inside and hold the "IN" button until the room moves up inside the coach and stops. It should stop by itself then you can release the button. If it worked the seal should now be exposed and can be replaced are fixed.

This process always worked great for me but when I went to move the room back out for some reason I remember the lock motor getting confused and moving thus keeping the room from going back out. May have something to do with maybe I cut the power off to the controller while working on the seal. I just remember I had to take the bed apart and get to the lock motor and disconnect it to get the room to work right again. Maybe you won't have this problem...just FYI...good luck and congrats on getting your M380. I bet you will like it. Do you know where it came from or who had it before you?
lloyd.chaffin@att.net
Old 12-27-2009

I appriciate the information. It is good to be a part of such a good forum.

I bought the coach from National Indoor Storage in Louisville. They have an excellent operation with very good mechanics. I am going over there in the morning. I will post what they find to be the problem and solution.

The coach originally belong to Earl Thompson in Georgetown, Tx. I understand that this was his fifth Bluebird. I visited with him for about 30 minutes on the phone before purchasing the coach.

Thank you,
Bill
billsallee@charter.net
Old 12-27-2009

Lloyd,

I am trying to open air dump valve. With cover removed, I see two gauges left and right in panel. There appears to be a knob above and behind each gauge on top of a threaded male. I tried to turn each knob. Does it appear that I am in the right place. Neither knob would turn. I hope that I am spelling knob correctly.

Bill
billsallee@charter.net
Old 12-27-2009

If it is hole in my slide seal and I want to patch it, I invision patching a hole in a tube. Can somebody please give me a little more specific instruction on how to patch a hole with super glue. Do I glue something over the hole, just glue hole together or what.

Thank you,
Bill
billsallee@charter.net
Old 12-27-2009

Default Slide with loss of air

Bill:

You will want to make sure that the air supply to the seal is turned off. For like of a better description I am going to say just paint the super glue over the hole in the seal. I waited a little while for the first coat to dry and then did it again. After letting that application dry I dusted some powder or corn starch on the patched surface to keep it from sticking to the painted surface when you extend the room.

I hope this helps.

Amateur Radio - KG7V