Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 12-27-2009

what are trying to do
dump the suspension or slide seal or sewage tanks

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 12-27-2009

Default Slide with loss of air

He is trying to repair a slide seal.

Amateur Radio - KG7V
Old 12-28-2009

Bill,

See the black dump valve right between the two gages. Turn it! Air will dump from both front and rear seals and bay doors. This kills all air to both slides and bay doors. I keep this dumped at all times during storage. Just makes sense. Why keep pressure on seals and hoses while in storage. Also, 12v pump will run all the time if seal has a leak.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide Manifold1.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	329.1 KB
ID:	3779   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide Manifold2.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	297.4 KB
ID:	3780   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide Manifold3.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	283.9 KB
ID:	3781  
lloyd.chaffin@att.net
Old 12-28-2009

Marv, Lloyd,

Added information very helpful. For me, pictures are good.

Bill
billsallee@charter.net
Old 12-28-2009

Slide with loss of air, fixed. With the information provided from this forum my mechanic and myself were able to fix slide. There was a hole. Got slide retracted in coach and patched hole. To get the slide to go back out, mechanic unscrewed magnetic stop and slide went back outside with no problems. If anybody would like a better explanation, let me know and I will try and clarify.

If possible, I would like explanation of two gauges in black box with valve for air dump for slides. As I am looking at them, is the gauge to the right for the rear slide and the other for the living room slide. Each valve was set for about 27 lbs. Mechanic adjusted gauge to the right (rear slide?) to 21lbs. He said prevosat were about 15 lbs. I told him I would ask what pressure was set on others in forum.

Thanks to this forum, I am in a very good mood this evening.

Bill Sallee
billsallee@charter.net
Old 12-29-2009

Bill,

I'm not sure about the 380's, but the LXi slides like it down in the 12-15 range like the Prevosts.

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 12-29-2009

Bill,

I am glad you got your leak fixed. By the way the clue to having an air leak on the slides is you will hear the 12v pump in roadside front compartment turn on/off allot. If things are normal that pump should kick on about 1 or 2 times per day once all the air has bled off of entire coach. If it does it more than that you got a leak somewhere.

Question: How did your mechanic patch your seal exactly? Did you watch him do it. CCW did mine 3 times with super glue and it never held.

To answer your question about air gauges. The left air regulator/gauge shows the air pressure supplied to the whole manifold. Mine is set right at 100lbs. If yours is at 27lbs there is no way the living room slide should be working. It needs about 80 to 100 lbs of pressure to move. This high pressure is also used to raise and lower the roadside bay doors to a higher position when the living room slide is not out. Makes it allot easier to get in the compartments and saves your back. Now as you move down the manifold you come to the 2nd air regulator/gauge on the right. This reduces the air pressure down to inflate seals. Everybody has talked about this pressure setting allot. I agree the lower the pressure is better for the seals. Mine is set on 15lbs. If I go any lower there are gaps around the rooms, I can see light from the outside when I look around the edges of the rooms. Just set the pressure as low as you can and still get a good seal around the rooms. I wouldn't go much higher than 20lbs though.
lloyd.chaffin@att.net
Old 12-29-2009

The air dump valve is located aft of the first gauge just forward of the brass "T". It's a small knob with a "wing" on it. Turn it and you'll hear it dump the pressure.

JC
Old 12-30-2009

Lloyd, I had super glue, but my mechanic felt he had a better product. He talked to me about a patch like on a tire tube, but I went with the way as described by Marv in an earlier part of this thread.

I will adjust pressure down tomorrow in slide pressure gauge. I will recheck manifold pressure gauge. I thought the mechanic said 27lbs. Maybe I misunderstood. Living room slide has be been working good.

Does the living room slide operate the same way as the bed room to fix the air seal. If so, does it also have the magnetic stops like the bed room slide.

Bill
billsallee@charter.net
Old 12-30-2009

Thumbs up Slide with loss of air.

Bill.

No the living room slide does not operate the same way as the rear slide to fix the seal. I can't tell you the technique to get the living room slide to retract to where you can get to the seal. I will be interested to see if anyone has a solution and how big a deal it is.

When I retracted mine rear slide the Blue Bird techs told me a different way to make it retract. I was told to turn off two of the BCD switches in the panel for the rear slide and then held the retract button. The room retracted and stopped. When I was ready to extend the slide all I did was to hold the out button and the room extended. I didn't have to mess with any magnets or anything. I will try to reconstruct the technique for that method.

Any way, glad you got it fixed.

Amateur Radio - KG7V