Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds

Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds Other Coaches or anything else you have found for sale that others here might want to know about.

Site Search:

Old 02-26-2008
Can't re-member

Default School Bus parts

I occasionally visit a site called School Bus Fleet www.schoolbusfleet.com and today noticed a posting in the General Interest section of their forum mentioning parts for sale. Apparently the poster works for a company who has been a BB parts distributer for 50+ years and they are now getting rid of their entire BB parts inventory. The poster states that they will let part go extremely cheap to whomever needs them. I registered to the site and submitted a reply to the post asking the poster to make the offer to this site. In the meantime as many of you know there are parts that some of the older buses share with the WL's that haven't been available for years. One that comes to mind is the front amber parking lights. If someone wants to persue this go to the site I gave here, go to the general interest area and there you will find the posting.....

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA

Last edited by mynavion; 02-26-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-20-2008

Which one of the columns on the side is the General Interest section? I can't find it.
Bob Lawrence
84 PT36
Shawnee, Ok.
Old 04-21-2008
Can't re-member

Look in Forums on the School bus site and there you will find General Interest. Hope this helps....

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA
Old 04-21-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynavion View Post
I occasionally visit a site called School Bus Fleet www.schoolbusfleet.com and today noticed a posting in the General Interest section of their forum mentioning parts for sale. Apparently the poster works for a company who has been a BB parts distributer for 50+ years and they are now getting rid of their entire BB parts inventory. The poster states that they will let part go extremely cheap to whomever needs them. I registered to the site and submitted a reply to the post asking the poster to make the offer to this site. In the meantime as many of you know there are parts that some of the older buses share with the WL's that haven't been available for years. One that comes to mind is the front amber parking lights. If someone wants to persue this go to the site I gave here, go to the general interest area and there you will find the posting.....
I have done some checking on this information that John has found for us and there is more to the story than what that forums posting is telling us at www.schoolbusfleet.com where the post in question can be found by following this path;

All Forums
General Interest
Enter Forum: General Interest
A ton of Blue Bird parts

It seems that what looks like the contact information that is posted in that series of message is actually for another dealer and not the one that posted the original message. I contacted Midwest Transit Equipment, Inc. Parts Department toll free 800-808-2412 and talked to the parts department and while they do have Bluebird parts for sale, they are not the dealer that is tying to liquidate them, but they knew who I should contact for that information, but they also told me that the dealer that is trying to liquidate the Bluebird parts doesn't return their phone calls very well, so I have tried myself, with the same results.

But here is the information that I have including his original post on the above forum, followed by the correct contact information.

awilkum

United States
2 Posts
Posted - 02/22/2008 : 1:57:12 PM

I have a ton of Blue Bird parts for next to nothing. Anybody know of a good avenue to get rid of them? I work for a company that was a BB dealership for 50+ years and we've recently switched over to Thomas Built. The problem is we've got a ton of BB parts with no home! Most of them we have written off and and will sell for them for whatever we can get. It just kills me to throw them away, they've got to have some value.

Contact; Adam Wilkum
Auto Safety House
2630 W. Buckeye Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85009
(602) 269-9721
(800)352-5355
Fax (602) 278-3916
Parts Showroom: 7am -5pm M-F
8am – 12pm Sat

http://www.autosafetyhouse.com/

Mr. Wilkum works in the Purchasing Department.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 05-21-2008

Default Blue Bird Parts

Hey guys, I thought I would just drop a line real quick and give some information. We do have quite a bit of BB inventory and it's going nowhere fast. I am somewhat hard to get ahold of sometimes and if you would like to contact me directly, email would be your best-bet. If you do send me an email I will make sure and get back to you with-in 24 hours.

Thanks,
Adam Wilkum
Auto Safety House
602-269-9721 ext. 1453
awilkum@autosafetyhouse.com