Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Campgrounds, RV Parks, Other Places to Sleep, or TO STAY AWAY FROM

Campgrounds, RV Parks, Other Places to Sleep, or TO STAY AWAY FROM Post your questions or comments here about your favorite campground, RV park, rest area, Walmart or Cracker Barrel parking lot where you like to get your shut eye, or WHERE TO STAY AWAY FROM.

Site Search:

Old 11-14-2010

Default Skyline Ranch RV Park, Bandera, TX?

Howdy, WOGers.
Has anyone stayed at Skyline Ranch RV Park in Bandera, TX? If so, would you recommend it? Good, bad, neutral?

TIA,
Liz
Lone Star Corral SKP park
Dhanis, Republic of Texas
SKPs
Liz
CORRAL NEWS Editor
www.lonestarcorral.com
Old 11-14-2010

Don't know about Bandera but about 27 miles from there is Quiet Texas RV Park in Hondo. Heard good things about it when we were working on our Safari (literally a mile from there) last weekend. Nice rural setting but easy into town in a few miles and not on a major highway.

Ken - Austin, Texas -
'94 34' Safari Serengeti sold - Mom remarried @71 and they upgraded to a newer Coach w/Slides

(HDT Coach or BMC & Stacker for me in the future.)
Old 11-14-2010

Have visited Bandera...Nearest CG to town (easy walking distance to "downtown") is Pioneer River Campground. Modern, quiet, clean, next to river...had a RR cabose set up as a guest rental.

Eat at the OST (Old Spanish Trail) restaurant if you get a chance....then you will need to walk. Behind the OST one block and one block down was a neat antique/junk store...

Coach photos & comments: http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...php?albumid=79
Old 11-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.wernlein View Post
Have visited Bandera...Nearest CG to town (easy walking distance to "downtown") is Pioneer River Campground. Modern, quiet, clean, next to river...had a RR cabose set up as a guest rental.

Eat at the OST (Old Spanish Trail) restaurant if you get a chance....then you will need to walk. Behind the OST one block and one block down was a neat antique/junk store...
Thanks for your reply. I am familiar with Pioneer River cg and it is not my cup of tea. The OST is very good. Has been a while since we were there.

Thanks again,

Liz
SKPs
Liz
CORRAL NEWS Editor
www.lonestarcorral.com
Old 11-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver View Post
Don't know about Bandera but about 27 miles from there is Quiet Texas RV Park in Hondo. Heard good things about it when we were working on our Safari (literally a mile from there) last weekend. Nice rural setting but easy into town in a few miles and not on a major highway.
Howdy, Ken.
Jack and I have driven past QT RV park and know of some SKPs who stay there. If I can't get a rental space at the Lone Star Corral in Dhanis, then Jack would like to be closer to the Medina River. I remember reading where you were working on your Safari at Doug's? Is that a shop or just a friend?

Thanks,
Liz
SKPs
Liz
CORRAL NEWS Editor
www.lonestarcorral.com
Old 11-14-2010

Doug's a family friend who has a shop (4 double deep bays) at his house. Firefighter by day, super mechanic by night. He's talking about bringing in more side work for those days off so if you have something... It's still a hobby, his way of stress relief so he'll accept stuff he likes doing.

We're likely going back down to Hondo next weekend, staying overnight and mess around some more on Sunday if the weather holds. Looking real good right now. Have a entire list of stuff (doesn't everyone?) but mainly the propane furnace acting up and the 7100 Bosch pump timing once I get some research into whats safe on a 8.3L 6CTA.

Ken - Austin, Texas -
'94 34' Safari Serengeti sold - Mom remarried @71 and they upgraded to a newer Coach w/Slides

(HDT Coach or BMC & Stacker for me in the future.)
Old 11-15-2010

Liz,
When do you plan on being at the SKP park? We hope to be there soon. Right now we are at the Thousand Trails park, along with two other Birds, Red and Steve and Janet.
Cheryl
Millenium Edition
Ocean Park, WA
Old 11-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherl View Post
Liz,
When do you plan on being at the SKP park? We hope to be there soon. Right now we are at the Thousand Trails park, along with two other Birds, Red and Steve and Janet.
Cheryl
Howdy, Cheryl.
Right now, I really don't know. We are up at Lake Lavon. We are having engine problems. The Check Engine and Test Engine ilghts come on with an annoying buzzer, the engine looses power for about 4-7 seconds, then goes back to normal running. We have to get to Seguin Diesel so our arrival at the Lone Star Corral is in question. Grrr. I miss playing MahJongg!!
Thanks for writing!!

Liz
SKPs
Liz
CORRAL NEWS Editor
www.lonestarcorral.com