Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 09-16-2012
davidmbrady

They should have T-handles. They're just slightly visible in Bruce's photo. At some point HWH went to bleeder screws, but I think all the LXi's have handles.
Old 09-16-2012
davidmbrady

Bruce,

Now that I get a chance to see your photo more closely, I see that you photographed the four solenoids for your hwh jacks. The four slide solenoids are on the street side of the manifold.
Old 09-16-2012

Thanks all, they do have T handles and they are street side. I hope that is why my slide will not move. Will order one in the am and hopefully we will be on our way Friday. May have saved me from an M 450 this year!

Bruce and Sally Summerlin
Germantown, Tennessee
2000 LXi Millinium
Old 09-16-2012

One last Question. Does the solenoid bolt on or screw on? It is so nasty I can't tell. May have been leaking for awhile.

Germantown, Tennessee
2000 LXi Millinium
Old 09-16-2012
davidmbrady

Hi Bruce,

Yes, the solenoid valves thread in and out. There are manuals on the hwh site. If hwh doesn't stock replacements you may get a faster repair interval by having them rebuild your faulty valve.
Old 09-16-2012

Forwarding this thread to Dee. Thanks.

We still have hydraulic jack problems on our LXi, too.

Slide wouldn't extend, so at RATS last year, right after we bought it, and right after traveling for 6 weeks without it, Coachcraft spend a whole day working on it. Slide then went out but it was then it was temperamental. The day after we left it quit again. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. (Dee sometimes fiddles with the sensor/the eye, and over rides it. Sometimes it works, other times not. When he becomes obsessed with it at the end of a long day traveling, I have to tell him to take it down, give it a break. If and when he does that, sometimes later it will come out!)

But the truth is, we have problems with it since the day we bought it. It went out the day we inspected it, but not the night when we went to pick it up, a few days later, on his 60th birthday.....and of course he became obsessed about getting it out! At 11pm, none the less after a crueling drive there, traffic backed up on the Labor Day weekend, in the dark and in the rain, entrance gate locked, no guard or owner there, (but that's then another story)

Got stuck on the side of the road, literally stuck, because of a leveling problem in Carabelle, right after Coachcraft worked on it at RATS. Two days later! Couldn't get the coach to go into drive on an somewhat unlevel surface. Had to get it towed off back on to the road before we could engage. Spoke with Pete Chin and he said he had never heard of this kind of problem before!

Dee has spent countless hourless speaking with HWH. They finally told him, they couldn't give him anymore time! Don't have the resources.

CoachWorx, has since spend 5 hours trying to diagnose it, when we had the A/C replaced a month or so ago there. They billed us, but still couldn't determine the extact cause. Only said, quote, unquote, "multiple problems". Ah gee, thanks!

One of the jacks won't either go down or extract the properly, can't remember which. Think it's on the extract. Think it is.

Dee said today, he was going to go buy jacks so he can go under the coach himself today. Didn't much like the sound of that at all. EEK! But I think, he's at his wits end with this. So will be following this thread very closely.

Best of luck solving your problem and hope some how it might enlighten and solve ours.

If we figure out anything new, we will be sure to let you know as well!

Jen
Old 09-16-2012

Jen, I feel your pain. Our jacks have been good. It's the dern slide that is never up to speed. Got rid of the Lx for the LXi and at times I regret that move. However, with the Brady seal things seemed to be on the mend and now this...... Will keep this post updated as George Morris had a new solenoid for the seal exhaust, that will ship tomorrow and I will find a retract solenoid. Just very frustrating when you have very few weeks off and the slide seems like it has gremlins for those dates! BTW, keep Dee out from under the bus, just weighed mine at 54,000 lbs and I will leave the underside to the experts.
Good luck,
Bruce

Germantown, Tennessee
2000 LXi Millinium
Old 09-16-2012

Darrell just walked in the door, all hot, wet, sweaty and irritable.
I told him about this thread.

He said HWH, when he spoke with them, told him, he had to tell them what voltage the system was getting.

It turned out what we were getting was not enough. This is after Parliament installed a whole set of new DEKA batteries for us, an it turned out after they returned them, that they were not faulty, just not properly installed. (another long story).

So Darrell sez, and I have told him he must write about this to share, as we benefit from everyone else's input as well and I rarely know what the h I'm talking about.

The slide is now working properly, with the correct voltage from the properly installed batteries, but the HWH jack problem, going up and down, at least according to him, is a control board issue.

I've asked him to post, and to tell what he thinks the issue is. But he is an engineer, and not a correspondant, unlike our WOG engineer, David Brady.

If I may now go back to my interrupted program and an buttered ear of young corn, then I will be thankful to all.

For some reason I always feel the need to step into areas where I have no business treading.

Jen

Last edited by BeeBee; 09-16-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-16-2012
davidmbrady

I don't know who told me, maybe it was Bennie Collier, but I clearly remember being told to make sure the HWH systems including the HWH hydraulic pump get proper voltage. We all know, but sometimes forget, that the HWH systems operate off the 12V chassis batteries. Some of us are good with keeping our chassis batteries topped up. I always make it a point to deploy my landing gear and my slide on either genny power or shore power, and I always have my 'aux-batt' switch thrown so that the Xantrex chargers are supplying lots of power to my chassis circuit. A well juiced HWH hydraulic pump spins fast and puts out a high pitch wine. It'll draw over 200 Amps. If you rely solely on the chassis batteries to both deploy your landing gear and extend your slide, by the time you get to extending the slide, your voltage is probably down. Boy, I could go for some buttered corn...
Old 09-17-2012

Great news, HWH had the solenoids with the T handle in stock. Shipping tonight and should be on the bird tomorrow. Sure hope this works so we can head to Austin on Friday. Stay tuned....
Bruce

Germantown, Tennessee
2000 LXi Millinium