Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 6 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
I just used a cheapo tstat from homeydepo.
not control wire or power needed,the control wire for the aquahot needs to be grounded.
2 wire tstat,one goes to the aquahot and one to a good body ground,simple as pie.
Thanks yeah, that’s what I thought. You and I are saying the same thing. :-) I appreciate the clarification. Just saw your link after I posted this. Yup exactly the type of thermostat I was referring to.Thank you again for the great fix.
1995 WLWB sold
1980 FC 33 250T “Hummingbird “

Last edited by Tallybird; 6 Days Ago at 12:09 PM. Reason: Add
Old 6 Days Ago
Super Moderator

Yep. Simple mercury switch style is much easier, since no power supply needed. I will go fancy since I am an electronics geek and can't help myself. Already have alarm, motion sensors, cameras, solar charging, some lights, tvs, house batteries, etc. added to the bus wifi with smart controls so might as well start adding heat and air too.
Old 6 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandermore View Post
Yep. Simple mercury switch style is much easier, since no power supply needed. I will go fancy since I am an electronics geek and can't help myself. Already have alarm, motion sensors, cameras, solar charging, some lights, tvs, house batteries, etc. added to the bus wifi with smart controls so might as well start adding heat and air too.
Yes I am willing to gamble a bet that the original button thermostat is running on some dc level voltage and that wire is in the overhead loom. If you can find the voltage and the wire you can then select the thermostat of your choice as long as it runs on the same dc voltage. Good luck and please post your results when you do it so others may take advantage of your hard work. Good luck.
1995 WLWB sold
1980 FC 33 250T “Hummingbird “
Old 2 Days Ago

I changed out my Dometic t-stat with a MicroAir primarily to control everything from the driver's station. So far, so good...

That being said, there is great value in simplicity with the hard-wired options.