Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > FC (Forward Control Unique Issues)

FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your FC model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.......List your FC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 06-12-2018

Yes it was the kool o matic fan. I replaced it with a motor from Granger that they matched up to original but I never did check the amps on replacement. I was thinking of replacing entire unit with another fantastic vent fan. May not be as powerful but would allow a little light in and be a little more flexible with the reverse switch. I will measure that tomorrow if time allows.
Thank you
Old 06-12-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert & Dianne View Post
Yes it was the kool o matic fan. I replaced it with a motor from Granger that they matched up to original but I never did check the amps on replacement. I was thinking of replacing entire unit with another fantastic vent fan. May not be as powerful but would allow a little light in and be a little more flexible with the reverse switch. I will measure that tomorrow if time allows.
Thank you
If you decide to replace Kool o matic can I would love to have it. Info in signature.
214-701-3419 cell. Central Time
Old 06-12-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert & Dianne View Post
Thank you
Ahhh.... that is more than likely what is popping the fuse. Fantastic fans are very efficient and will seal-up nicer than the old Kool-O-Matic does. I found one with a clear cover and clear fan blades, so it's like a skylight during daylight hours.

“Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed”
shanefedeli@gmail.com
717-645-4912
Old 06-12-2018

I understand why the kool o matic may be having a problem but it still doesn't explain why the fantastic fan blows the 4 amp fuse on high. I haven't had time to measure the amp draw yet and am hoping that is the problem but the question still remains...how to fix
Old 06-13-2018

1: What is the actual voltage supplied measured at the fan?
2: Found this just as a reference point: Fantastic roof vent # FV801250 motor will draw 36 watts. On low it will draw 1.86 amps, on medium 2.29 amps, and on high 3 amps. IF your amp draw is higher than this...might try a light oiling on the motor, and check crimp/connections & ground.
3: I might try a 5 amp fuse...

Coach photos & comments: http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...php?albumid=79
Old 06-13-2018

Thank you for the information Frank
I will follow your advice and see what happens.
Old 06-13-2018

Using Frank's info you're motor has 4 ohms. Calculate that at 14 volts and it is pulling 3.5 amps. This is all in a perfect world. This could explain blowing the fuse when on charge. Sounds like 5 amp fuse is good advise
Old 06-13-2018
Gardner

Years ago while working for IBM we would do a service call on a display and most often one particular fuse was blown. There were many thousands of these units out there and there were many repeat service calls. Finally one of the service guys did some tests on the fuses and found that they were blowing below the marked value. The IBM parts system supply was purged and replaced.

Back then IBM had a program where if someone had an idea that would save money they were rewarded financially. This guy got a major amount, $35k if I remember.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 06-13-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcyeaw View Post
Years ago while working for IBM we would do a service call on a display and most often one particular fuse was blown. There were many thousands of these units out there and there were many repeat service calls. Finally one of the service guys did some tests on the fuses and found that they were blowing below the marked value. The IBM parts system supply was purged and replaced.

Back then IBM had a program where if someone had an idea that would save money they were rewarded financially. This guy got a major amount, $35k if I remember.

Wow! That was my salary for many years while a Trooper for the ISP. I think I saved them some money once and I got a reward. A free cup of coffee at Dunkin' Donuts Wait a minute I just now realized I got screwed I always got a free coffee there Working in the private sector has its advantages.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 06-13-2018

I have found my aqua hot won't start when the just newly installed charger is in bulk/absorption mode (14.5 volts).
1984 FC35RB Sold