Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Left Front Leveling Jack is leaking Fluid!

Anyone knows mechanics familiar with these systems in Northern CA?
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0yYz...&_Baldwin_Park
Sorry could not upload conventional movie file. But iCloud link is safe!
sskhosravi@gmail.com

Last edited by Shahin; 1 Week Ago at 05:12 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago

A quick search of HWH Service locations shows 2 in Gilroy. just search HWH Service and you will find many choices.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
A quick search of HWH Service locations shows 2 in Gilroy. just search HWH Service and you will find many choices.
Thank you Rick!
sskhosravi@gmail.com
Old 16 Hours Ago

I have not found an available mechanic and had to travel to Sacramento area and hopefully will find a willing and available mechanic around here! Since the left front leaked all that fluid, it retracted fine but I have not used them since and instead tried to park at fairly leveled spots (not really). The question is, can not using the jack for a while (let’s say a few weeks) cause other issues?

Thank you,
sskhosravi@gmail.com
Old 15 Hours Ago
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
I have not found an available mechanic and had to travel to Sacramento area and hopefully will find a willing and available mechanic around here! Since the left front leaked all that fluid, it retracted fine but I have not used them since and instead tried to park at fairly leveled spots (not really). The question is, can not using the jack for a while (let’s say a few weeks) cause other issues?

Thank you,
We rarely use jacks
Old 14 Hours Ago

Shahin: Any good hydraulic shop can repair the jacks. There are some shops with large service departments that work on all kinds of mobile vehicles with hydraulics. They would be able to remove the jack and repair. Any person with basic mechanical skills can remove the jack and you could take it to a hydraulic shop.

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II
Old 11 Hours Ago

Default hydraulic leak

Shahin
Your tag says you are from Berkeley CA. I work in Berkeley. There is a place in Richmond that does hydraulic cylinder repair "Bay Area Machine". But you have to take the cylinder off and bring it in. I have repaired other cylinders like this. It is most likely a cracked O-ring seal at the end cap. Probably a $10 part. I don't know the process to get it off the Bird as I am a newbie still shopping for my first Wanderlodge. But to repair on the bench is doable with minor mechanical knowledge.
Old 9 Hours Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERWIN O View Post
Shahin
Your tag says you are from Berkeley CA. I work in Berkeley. There is a place in Richmond that does hydraulic cylinder repair "Bay Area Machine". But you have to take the cylinder off and bring it in. I have repaired other cylinders like this. It is most likely a cracked O-ring seal at the end cap. Probably a $10 part. I don't know the process to get it off the Bird as I am a newbie still shopping for my first Wanderlodge. But to repair on the bench is doable with minor mechanical knowledge.
Hi Erwin,

Thank you for the tip. Unfortunately, now that We are full timing, I don’t have the space to work on it, and given my limitations I would need a pit or lift/ramp to be effective working on it! My “rolling around the ground” days are over!

I have ordered 10 spring and currently looking for a mechanic to possibly replace those and perhaps either fix the jacks as well or take them out so I can take them to a hydraulics shop and have them fixed.

Good luck with your search for a bird!
sskhosravi@gmail.com