Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 1 Week Ago
Shahin Shahin is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Berkeley
Posts: 101
Default Left Front Leveling Jack is leaking Fluid!

Anyone knows mechanics familiar with these systems in Northern CA?
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0yYz...&_Baldwin_Park
Sorry could not upload conventional movie file. But iCloud link is safe!
__________________
Shahin Khosravi
Berkeley, CA
1991 PT40WB
sskhosravi@gmail.com
650.653.1539

Last edited by Shahin; 1 Week Ago at 05:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 1 Week Ago
Rick's Avatar
Rick Rick is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bellefonte
Posts: 12,744
Default

A quick search of HWH Service locations shows 2 in Gilroy. just search HWH Service and you will find many choices.
__________________
Rick Shawver
1SG Ret
2000 LX
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 1 Week Ago
Shahin Shahin is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Berkeley
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
A quick search of HWH Service locations shows 2 in Gilroy. just search HWH Service and you will find many choices.
Thank you Rick!
__________________
Shahin Khosravi
Berkeley, CA
1991 PT40WB
sskhosravi@gmail.com
650.653.1539
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 16 Hours Ago
Shahin Shahin is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Berkeley
Posts: 101
Default

I have not found an available mechanic and had to travel to Sacramento area and hopefully will find a willing and available mechanic around here! Since the left front leaked all that fluid, it retracted fine but I have not used them since and instead tried to park at fairly leveled spots (not really). The question is, can not using the jack for a while (let’s say a few weeks) cause other issues?

Thank you,
__________________
Shahin Khosravi
Berkeley, CA
1991 PT40WB
sskhosravi@gmail.com
650.653.1539
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 15 Hours Ago
Bill Pape's Avatar
Bill Pape Bill Pape is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Commerce
Posts: 10,967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
I have not found an available mechanic and had to travel to Sacramento area and hopefully will find a willing and available mechanic around here! Since the left front leaked all that fluid, it retracted fine but I have not used them since and instead tried to park at fairly leveled spots (not really). The question is, can not using the jack for a while (let’s say a few weeks) cause other issues?

Thank you,
We rarely use jacks
__________________
Bill & Patty
1988 FC, Silver Edition
Commerce, Michigan
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 14 Hours Ago
Bruce Bruce is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: winnipeg
Posts: 872
Default

Shahin: Any good hydraulic shop can repair the jacks. There are some shops with large service departments that work on all kinds of mobile vehicles with hydraulics. They would be able to remove the jack and repair. Any person with basic mechanical skills can remove the jack and you could take it to a hydraulic shop.
__________________
Bruce
1988 FC 35
" La Reina Gitana" SOLD

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11 Hours Ago
ERWIN O ERWIN O is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: ALAMEDA
Posts: 2
Default hydraulic leak

Shahin
Your tag says you are from Berkeley CA. I work in Berkeley. There is a place in Richmond that does hydraulic cylinder repair "Bay Area Machine". But you have to take the cylinder off and bring it in. I have repaired other cylinders like this. It is most likely a cracked O-ring seal at the end cap. Probably a $10 part. I don't know the process to get it off the Bird as I am a newbie still shopping for my first Wanderlodge. But to repair on the bench is doable with minor mechanical knowledge.
__________________
Erwin Beales
ALAMEDA, CA
Shopping for a Wanderlodge
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 9 Hours Ago
Shahin Shahin is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Berkeley
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERWIN O View Post
Shahin
Your tag says you are from Berkeley CA. I work in Berkeley. There is a place in Richmond that does hydraulic cylinder repair "Bay Area Machine". But you have to take the cylinder off and bring it in. I have repaired other cylinders like this. It is most likely a cracked O-ring seal at the end cap. Probably a $10 part. I don't know the process to get it off the Bird as I am a newbie still shopping for my first Wanderlodge. But to repair on the bench is doable with minor mechanical knowledge.
Hi Erwin,

Thank you for the tip. Unfortunately, now that We are full timing, I don’t have the space to work on it, and given my limitations I would need a pit or lift/ramp to be effective working on it! My “rolling around the ground” days are over!

I have ordered 10 spring and currently looking for a mechanic to possibly replace those and perhaps either fix the jacks as well or take them out so I can take them to a hydraulics shop and have them fixed.

Good luck with your search for a bird!
__________________
Shahin Khosravi
Berkeley, CA
1991 PT40WB
sskhosravi@gmail.com
650.653.1539
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oil? leaking from front left brake. badblueheeler FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) 18 01-08-2019 12:10 PM
Leveling jack fluid quantity problem jphoenix13 PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) 6 01-27-2016 01:13 PM
LEFT FRONT JACK Jeff PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) 11 03-30-2014 11:25 AM
left rear leveling jack ? Zbird SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues) 2 03-15-2014 04:54 PM
Left Rear leveling Air Valve robwillard Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions 5 08-19-2011 02:20 PM

Web Search:

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.