Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 03-26-2018

Are you aware that the Costco in Irvine has diesel fuel. Always cheaper and fresh.
Old 03-26-2018
BIG MAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
If you need anything just click your heels together and say "theres no place like WOG" !
I like this one better.....and our kids DO tease us about the WOG cult!
2001 LXI single slide

04 M 380.......with goat rails SOLD
Old 03-26-2018

Great looking bus!
Old 03-26-2018

Default Thanks to all

Now I already have a question/problem in my excitment and having kids and grandkids all over the Bird for the last 2 days the starter batteries are not starting her. Question: the generator can charge the starter batteries?

Already have had strangers come by asking, "what is this a school bus conversion?" then they look and then comes the what is this? it's how old? no way.

Thank you for the welcome to the zoo...it's the only reason I considered only Bluebirds for a coach.

I haven't traced the ownership but, I did see mention in here of it being at "Q" before Dave had it, can't remember the name associated with that sighting.
1989 FC Silver Edition
Old 03-26-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pape View Post
Welcome good choice, if it is the Gideon Bird it should be good to go , if the PO just changed oil and did some routine maintenance. But how many years ago was that??, two coaches ago???
That’s not Gideon’s coach.
Old 04-05-2018

I did a carfax report on it and it had at least half a dozen previous owners. I do not believe any of them where on the WOG. That bus has a one off (as far as I know) viewing platform on top. The tubular aluminum rail raises 4 feet around the entire roof for watching the races etc.

I spent countless hours improving that coach and I was excited to see it go to a new caring owner.

Hopefully I will be buying a new coach at the end of the year....going to shoot for a decade newer. I am hooked!
Old 04-05-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Fox View Post
Now I already have a question/problem in my excitment and having kids and grandkids all over the Bird for the last 2 days the starter batteries are not starting her. Question: the generator can charge the starter batteries?...
To avoid draining your batteries, you'll either want to disconnect them by shutting off the disconnect switch (if you have one) while the coach is sitting unused, or somehow keep the batteries charging with either the bus itself or just the charger plugged into power, either shore power or run the generator occasionally. Make sure the transfer switch is in the proper position to match the power source, the battery charger is turned on and breaker on, etc and you should be good to go. You can try starting by holding down the aux battery switch as well, that can help start with weak batteries, assuming of course they aren't all weak including your generator battery.
VB 1570
Old 04-08-2018

Wow finally came up for air. I've been watching from the sidelines and now that I've jumped in wow that water is deep.
I just go out there a sit looking through the books, yes fence sitters BOOKS, of systems and pages of drawings, schematics not to mention anything po's have added and flip switches. Then I look up stuff on here and get lost in all the information.
These Bird's are intense, but every answer is out here on the blog.
Markus, thank you remembered about the main switch under the dash, bought a portable solar to keep the batteries charged.
Dave, not sure to thank you or to curse you..jk. The Bird is amazing my boys were on the roof working with the railing. When we get it set it up I'll post some pic. Speaking of roof it's pretty high, so the railing is nice.
I can't say it enough these things are so impressive.

imho Take it from a former wannabe, lurker if you're in the market, if you're on the fence...jump in, sure the water is deep, don't worry help is out there.
1989 FC Silver Edition
Old 04-13-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Sure wish I could sit around a camp fire and think "I cant believe we own this" instead of thinking, I cant believe this thing owns us.
You made me laugh, but only because there is a philosophical theory that we do not own our things; they own us. Therefore, the question is to choose those things that we want to own us, instead of creating a collection of things that we don't know what to do with.

Ahem... I seem to be stuck in the latter half of that statement.