Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > FC (Forward Control Unique Issues)

FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your FC model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.......List your FC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 04-05-2018

Just an update...

I stopped by Buddy and tested the leveling system with the aux battery switch engaged. No luck ☹️

I was by myself and didn’t have much time so I was unable to test if the aux battery switch actually activated the aux battery solenoid. That will be a project for another time.

On my list of things to check:
Aux switch activating aux battery solenoid
Origination of heavy gauge + cable that I believe goes to generator
Origination of control wire for the first solenoid on the hydraulic pump
Origination of control wire on aux battery solenoid (which may be a mute point if it has signal with the aux batttery switch pressed)
Whether or not the aux battery solenoid is working (if no signal on control, jump control terminal and test output)- currently no starting assistance provided when battery is low and switch pressed

Will update when I have more info
Old 04-12-2018

Some progress today. Still unable to determine where the control wire for the first solenoid comes from. When I drew my diagram, I had forgotten that there is a second high amp cable coming off of the output side of the 1st solenoid. From underneath, I traced it up under the forward dinette seat. Unknown what it goes to.

I decided to bypass the first solenoid and hook the high amp from the aux battery switch to the pump mounted solenoid. still cannot locate the origin of the control wire for the aux battery solenoid, so bypassed that too.

Voilá pump activated and jacks extend/retract as they should... sort of. Fronts work great and no leave. Backs leak real bad and would not support the bus.

Now it’s time for some rebuild kits!

Some day I will work on tracking down the control wiring for the 2 solenoids, but for now, I’m happy that the leveling system works!
Old 04-14-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docneon View Post
Some progress today. Still unable to determine where the control wire for the first solenoid comes from. When I drew my diagram, I had forgotten that there is a second high amp cable coming off of the output side of the 1st solenoid. From underneath, I traced it up under the forward dinette seat. Unknown what it goes to.

I decided to bypass the first solenoid and hook the high amp from the aux battery switch to the pump mounted solenoid. still cannot locate the origin of the control wire for the aux battery solenoid, so bypassed that too.

Voilá pump activated and jacks extend/retract as they should... sort of. Fronts work great and no leave. Backs leak real bad and would not support the bus.

Now it’s time for some rebuild kits!

Some day I will work on tracking down the control wiring for the 2 solenoids, but for now, I’m happy that the leveling system works!

Your not going to find a "Rebuild Kit" for your HWH Jacks. HWH doesn't sell one and no one else has them. You can remove the "O" rings and replace them. Nothing else in there. You can also have them rebuilt by most hydraulic shops.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 04-14-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Your not going to find a "Rebuild Kit" for your HWH Jacks. HWH doesn't sell one and no one else has them. You can remove the "O" rings and replace them. Nothing else in there. You can also have them rebuilt by most hydraulic shops.
Thanks Rick. From what I can tell, it’s just the kick down cylinders that are leaking. They are spraying fluid out the bottom cap. Guessing those are just as easy to rebuild. Deciding whether or not I want to tackle the main cylinders based on some people’s headaches getting the allen bolt out of the bottom. Not sure if I want to open that can of worms.
Old 04-14-2018

You know Jim, your leveler experience could be less stressful with a trip over to see Miss Ashley @ HWH. Good people.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 04-15-2018

I hear ya Mike and I’ve heard great things about the service at HWH. My main issue with going out there would be time. And as much frustration that working on Buddy causes, I do enjoy working on him and trying to figure things out.