Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 04-16-2018
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crit Bliss View Post
Civilized Wanderlodge travel goes like this: raise anchor between 10 and 12, drop anchor between 4 and 6, make drinks and dinner.
We travel so good together!
Ribs anyone?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-16-2018
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorgrl View Post
You guys really crack me up. The original plan was NOT to take the bird...but do all that driving in a car so I could see the 3 towns I am considering to move to when I retire and since I an still bound by that 4 letter word, w--k, then I have to keep to a tight schedule. (And we always share the driving, we are seasoned road dogs...in cars.)
Well, after much thought, discussion and research we have decided to take the bird and only go as far as Milton, FL, stopping at Lake City each way for the night (half-way point). I was luckily enough to get 4 days at Gulf Pines KOA and we will just rent a car out of Pensacola since we have no towed yet. Then when we return, we are taking the bird out again to Sunrise, FL to attend Fort Rock with my daughter.
You have no idea what a road dog is,trust me.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-16-2018

Quote:
You guys really crack me up. The original plan was NOT to take the bird...but do all that driving in a car so I could see the 3 towns I am considering to move to when I retire and since I an still bound by that 4 letter word, w--k, then I have to keep to a tight schedule. (And we always share the driving, we are seasoned road dogs...in cars.)
Well, after much thought, discussion and research we have decided to take the bird and only go as far as Milton, FL, stopping at Lake City each way for the night (half-way point). I was luckily enough to get 4 days at Gulf Pines KOA and we will just rent a car out of Pensacola since we have no towed yet. Then when we return, we are taking the bird out again to Sunrise, FL to attend Fort Rock with my daughter.
I've been retired for several years, but unfortunately my wife still w**ks, that word that Maynard Krebs hated to say So last year on our way to Casper, WY we went from near Ft. Wayne, IN and didn't stop until we got to Mitchell, SD. Hit 5 states, IN, IL, IA, MN, SD and 770 miles. This Saturday we his 6 states, IN, IL, MO,AR, TN,MS and drove from Ft. Wayne, to just south of Batesville, MS for 700 miles. I don't like doing it that way, but when you have to deal with w**k there is little choice if you want to go and see anything. So I feel your pain and enjoy your trip.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 04-16-2018

Quote:
We did 750 miles in one day, after a challenge from one of the Lone Star Bird members saying they were having a rally in Grand Prairie and we were in Grants, New Mexico. Something about not having a hair on some part of my body if I didn't make it that day.
Now saying that, look at the roads and towns we had to travel on to get there,
plus needing to stop for fuel.
That was the one and only time that was and will ever be done, by me. And you have two drivers. Ms Daisy, aka Patticake, likes to be chauffeured
Old 04-17-2018
Old Fart

Quote:
Doesn't KOA mean Keep On Adding (extras) and if you don't like their rates, then it's Kiss Our A$$!

You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks
Old 04-17-2018

Believe me Bluebird Bob, I tried to avoid going to KOA, but I didn't have much choice given my tight schedule and wanting to be in that location. They were the only park that could accommodate our bird for 4 days in a row. I'm not going there for the campground, I'm going there to look at the town and surrounding area as a possible relocation site, when I retire early next year. In any event, we spent the evening reassembling, cleaning, checking and packing her all up. I am sure I will forget something...but there's always Walmart.

We planned on leaving around 6am, but it was a cool night and I said I am on vacation and I will roll when I am ready to! :P

Fort Myers, Florida
1982 FC33 3208T "EM-50" - SOLD
1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"

danahcks@aol.com
Old 04-17-2018
Learning about Bluebirds!

To keep the enjoyment factor at its highest we set a limit of 5 hours driving per day. If we can we stay an extra day at every stop. I am not retired so it does take some juggling if you want to see a lot in one trip.
2003 Honda Pilot Toad
Pokornikd@wclc.com
Old 04-17-2018
Forum owner

Someone told me they had a 330 rule.
330 Miles or 3:30 in the afternoon,whichever came first.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-17-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Now that's a rule I can live with. Plenty of time to get settled and enjoy a cold beverage once it's done.
(678) 438-3184
georgiacorvette@outlook.com
Map of Service Centers
Map of RV Parks

Last edited by georgiavette; 04-17-2018 at 11:59 AM. Reason: .
Old 04-17-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Civilized travel
Cape Cod,ma