Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Coaches For Sale by WOG Members

Coaches For Sale by WOG Members Coaches WOG members have for sale along with a short description.

Site Search:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-27-2017
Craig Craig is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Torrance
Posts: 32
Default 1979 FC31 SB 3208T 250hp - So. Calif.

Guys - With much grief, I've decided to let my FC31 go. We love it, but my wife just dove us into debt and we don't use it enough to justify hanging on to it.

It's a 1979 leaf spring suspension bird. The original owner replaced the engine sometime in the mid 80's with a 250HP. It runs great.

Recent improvements:
1) 6 new tires
2) New pads and rotors on all wheels
3) Replaced the hot water heater with stock Raritan
4) Fuel filtration system
5) 4 New batteries
6) New silicone engine coolant hoses
7) Replaced throttle linkage seal (had fuel in the valley)
8) New refrigerator (few years old now...)
9) Springs serviced
10) New Horton clutch, fan and belts

As with all birds, there is always something left to do:
1) Current generator has stopped working. Probably just a fuel pump. It is a 6.5KW modern onan (Marquis) and runs super quiet when it ran. Rather than fix it, I was going to squeeze in a 12.5kw diesel. I will sell the low hour 12.5kw for $1,300 more.
2) Engine coolant heater circuit is not functioning. Everything is there. Prior owner cut the hoses at the engine and capped off. Just need to hook up and probably flush.
3) Hydraulic jacks are not working. When servicing the front leaf springs, the mechanic removed the front jacks. I've never had a need to re-install them. I have them if you want to put them back on.

Cool extras: snow chains, built in gas water heater, slide out BBQ, swing out radiator,exhaust brake.

Price $22K

I'll post some more pics in the near future.

Craig
email: ccatton@yahoo.com
310-749-5799
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0148.JPG
Views:	1100
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	47608  
__________________

Craig Catton
Torrance, CA.
1979 FC31
3208T 250hp

Last edited by Craig; 02-27-2017 at 02:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-27-2017
isp2952's Avatar
isp2952 isp2952 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1520 N. Binkley Rd., Larwill, IN 46764
Posts: 5,585
Default

I wish I could recall who it was, but there has been somebody holding out for a 31' for quite a while. Somebody in Ohio maybe? I'm sure he will speak up. Not that I care but since that front end has been updated, is the rad a swing rad?
__________________

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-27-2017
Craig Craig is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Torrance
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
I wish I could recall who it was, but there has been somebody holding out for a 31' for quite a while. Somebody in Ohio maybe? I'm sure he will speak up. Not that I care but since that front end has been updated, is the rad a swing rad?
Yes it is a swing out radiator. You are also correct about front end being updated. I have the front sheet metal from a parts bus and was planning on converting back to the simple dual headlight vintage look. It looks good now, I just like "classic".
__________________

Craig Catton
Torrance, CA.
1979 FC31
3208T 250hp
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-27-2017
shaaksma's Avatar
shaaksma shaaksma is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Glendale
Posts: 1,361
Default

Lots of expensive updates. How's the interior?

Good luck with the sale.
__________________
The Haaksmas
Huntingtown, MD
87FC
FLYING DUTCHMAN
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-28-2017
JayM JayM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Franklinville
Posts: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
I wish I could recall who it was, but there has been somebody holding out for a 31' for quite a while. Somebody in Ohio maybe? I'm sure he will speak up. Not that I care but since that front end has been updated, is the rad a swing rad?

It was one of the other "Craig"s on the forum Craig71188. He looked at "Over the Rainbow" when it first came up for sale. Craig Butt - Where are you??
__________________
Jay Mayhew
Franklinville, NJ
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-28-2017
MsBianca MsBianca is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Layton
Posts: 108
Default

Would love to see interior pics as I'd prefer a 31' over a bigger bird and I know they don't come up often.

Thanks!
__________________
Karen & Brice Osborne
Layton, UT
'91 SP
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-28-2017
isp2952's Avatar
isp2952 isp2952 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1520 N. Binkley Rd., Larwill, IN 46764
Posts: 5,585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayM View Post
It was one of the other "Craig"s on the forum Craig71188. He looked at "Over the Rainbow" when it first came up for sale. Craig Butt - Where are you??
That's who it was. I haven't heard much out of him lately. Maybe he gave up
__________________

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-28-2017
craig71188 craig71188 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Columbus
Posts: 137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
That's who it was. I haven't heard much out of him lately. Maybe he gave up
Still here, still watching - saw this while on vacation. Talked to Brenda when "OTR" was for sale again and decided we wanted jacks & a retarder on a bus. Situation changed and we debated a longer coach, but settled back on the 31'. Haven't had a change to message Craig yet...
__________________
Craig Butt
Columbus, OH
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-28-2017
isp2952's Avatar
isp2952 isp2952 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1520 N. Binkley Rd., Larwill, IN 46764
Posts: 5,585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig71188 View Post
Still here, still watching - saw this while on vacation. Talked to Brenda when "OTR" was for sale again and decided we wanted jacks & a retarder on a bus. Situation changed and we debated a longer coach, but settled back on the 31'. Haven't had a change to message Craig yet...
Glad you're still around. If you find one without jacks, let us know. With all the surplus stores up here, you can probably find a complete system for a pretty good price. Of course the older ones would probably need the flip down ones. Not so sure they would be that easy to come up with anymore.
__________________

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-28-2017
rtpn60's Avatar
rtpn60 rtpn60 is offline
Burnin Up in Az. :-)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mesa
Posts: 3,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Guys - With much grief, I've decided to let my FC31 go. We love it, but my wife just dove us into debt and we don't use it enough to justify hanging on to it.

It's a 1979 leaf spring suspension bird. The original owner replaced the engine sometime in the mid 80's with a 250HP. It runs great.

Recent improvements:
1) 6 new tires
2) New pads and rotors on all wheels
3) Replaced the hot water heater with stock Raritan
4) Fuel filtration system
5) 4 New batteries
6) New silicone engine coolant hoses
7) Replaced throttle linkage seal (had fuel in the valley)
8) New refrigerator (few years old now...)
9) Springs serviced
10) New Horton clutch, fan and belts

As with all birds, there is always something left to do:
1) Current generator has stopped working. Probably just a fuel pump. It is a 6.5KW modern onan (Marquis) and runs super quiet when it ran. Rather than fix it, I was going to squeeze in a 12.5kw diesel. I will sell the low hour 12.5kw for $1,300 more.
2) Engine coolant heater circuit is not functioning. Everything is there. Prior owner cut the hoses at the engine and capped off. Just need to hook up and probably flush.
3) Hydraulic jacks are not working. When servicing the front leaf springs, the mechanic removed the front jacks. I've never had a need to re-install them. I have them if you want to put them back on.

Cool extras: snow chains, built in gas water heater, slide out BBQ, swing out radiator,exhaust brake.

Price $22K

I'll post some more pics in the near future.

Craig
email: ccatton@yahoo.com
310-749-5799
I'll take the generator.. again.

__________________
Michael & Tami Putz
78FC35SBWanderlodge - "Putz'n Around"
'90 GL1500 Goldwing | '67 VW Rail | '82 CJ5 Jeep
eMail=Mike.Putz@cox.net | Web=http://mikeputz.com/
Solar = https://www.solarpenny.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=257

FMCA #236459, Good Sam #17270530, Vintage Birds #1509
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Was a Weed, Calif for the fire Bluebird Bob Under The Awning 3 09-18-2014 08:59 AM
Nice looking 80 FC in Calif horacio Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds 1 08-09-2014 11:56 PM
05 LXi at Calif. Coach OldGrandad Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds 5 09-18-2013 01:14 AM
250hp 3208 Turbo High Oil Temp ?? Dr Miller Engine 15 11-26-2010 10:40 AM
Is that 3208 an N/A? a 210HP? a 250HP? a 300HP??? Esmi Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV 3 12-01-2009 04:26 PM

Web Search:

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.