Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions

Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions and related components.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Air suspension problems

Morning all from Phoenix,AZ. We think Roundtuit does not want to go east into the cold weather so she is throwing a temper tantrum
Old 1 Week Ago

Default Air suspension problems

Morning all from Phoenix,AZ. We think Roundtuit does not want to go east into the cold weather so she is throwing a temper tantrum. We left Quartzsite yesterday heading to Flagstaff and I-40 with a stop at Sam’s for fuel. After fueling, Roundtuit would not get up to 120psi as she usually does. She is slow but this time she barely made 90 PSI and took longer. We finally pulled out of the fuel area and got about a mile when we started losing air in the tags, then the air pressure psi would not build, rather it started dropping to low levels about 60 psi. We pulled over and parked, toggled the tag suspension a few times to see if maybe it would help. No go. We limped to a shopping center, a mile away with one stop when the air pressure dropped below 60 psi. Sat there a few hours then started Roundtuit up and the air pressure built to 135 psi and held. Waited about 15 minutes then aired both suspensions up. They held so we started out again.... only to lose the tags pressure again. We limped to Cracker Barrel and here we sit. I did know that the air pressure was down on the passenger side drive and tag tires but not the driver’s side.

Obviously service areas are closed on Sunday, so waiting for the morning to come to start making calls. I saw WWWilliams on the Service map and wonder if they deal with suspensions and air lines? Does anyone know the Phoenix area and have input to help us?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Lessie typing
Old 1 Week Ago

Sorry for some reason the result of my post was cutoff. Redid the posting.

Lessie typing
Old 1 Week Ago

Have you considered trying to find the air leak? Start the engine. Build the air pressure. Shut the engine off. Get out of the coach. Walk around and listen for the hissing. Should'nt be that hard to find the leak.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 1 Week Ago

Rick, twas the first thing we did.. but couldn’t hear any loud hissing. Chuckles, we have been chasing down air leaks on Roundtuit for what seems like forever. Mostly small ones and we find those mostly by trial and error. But your post gave us another idea to try, thank you.

Lessie typing
Old 1 Week Ago

Serviced your air dryer in the past?

Brian Stephens
'97 PT43
Old 1 Week Ago

Brian, two years ago at Parliament. Had an upgrade done and the compressor was replaced. Roundtuit is spitting as she should. No noticeable change in that. Thank you.

BTW that spitting is louder UNDER the bird than inside the bird!! LOL I was under her, tying up a lose wire (safely, I promise) and she spit.... I’m not fond of enclosed spaces and talk about my heart stopping.... May have let loss a few impolite words..... maybe

Lessie typing
Old 1 Week Ago

Ok, how about your air governor?

Brian Stephens
'97 PT43
Old 1 Week Ago

Brian, I know it was replaced when the compressor was replaced, two years ago at Parliament. Tis a part that should be replaced yearly or so? (Neither of us are even diesel or bird shade tree mechanics, smiles, and dislike not being able to much.).

Researching air governors now. Thank you.

Note to self.... try not to have bird problems late on Saturdays and never on Sundays, grins. Thank you.

Lessie typing
Old 1 Week Ago

WWWiliams is fully capable of making the repairs if you decide to go that route.