Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wreck View Post
Thanks everyone for the helpful replies! Having such a great group of people to assist is one of just another reason to get a Wanderlodge.

It sounds like one of the first things I need to figure out is how I am going to store the coach. Although I have plenty of room in my driveway, it’s asphalt and I’m in a HOA that doesn’t allow full time parking of a trailer or RV. My plan was to store the Wanderlodge about 2 miles away at an outdoor storage lot then drive it to my house on the weekends if I needed to work on it.

Maybe someone can comment on the asphalt driveway, as it may develop ruts where the bird is parked, I would not recommend jacking up a Bird on asphalt, or using leveling jacks, it is not safe and seems there will be some driveway damage.
HOA may have issues with routine maintenance, like draining oil, coolant fluids, some repairs could take days or weeks waiting on parts, Ability and personal time to complete repairs etc.

Does this sound like I could get a reasonable amount of work done if I buy a wanderlodge that’s already in good condition?

Is storing a wanderlodge outside in Michigan weather asking for problems? I would remove the batteries and maintenance charge at my house over winter.

Many Birds, Rv's and boats are stored outside in Winter, It a personal and storage $$ decision. BB's can be winterized, batteries stored or maintained, etc, There are many answers,, like tarp covers, storing in a warmer Sourthern state etc.

Another thing I keep wondering about, what are the actual exterior length of the different models? Is a PT40 actually 40’ long bumper to bumper and a FC33 33’ long?

Thanks!
Ask away these are good questions, and /or use the search method.

Last edited by Bill Pape; 1 Week Ago at 10:39 AM.
Old 1 Week Ago

A PT *will* destroy an asphalt driveway, especially in spring time in MI when the ground starts thawing out. Probably an FC would, too.

Storing it outside during the winter isn't an issue, but you have to winterize it the right way. Use air to blow it all out, fill the lines up with purple stuff, then blow it all out again. Then dump more purple in the drains, and then dump the black and grey tanks.

I don't think removing and storing the batteries inside is really necessary, but if you want to do the work it will make sure nothing happens. If you can keep them on a battery tender during the winter that's all they need. I power mine with a 120v cord all winter and it just keeps the smart charger running.