Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 09-25-2010

I contacted a repair facility yesterday(not Parliament) and was told that the labor to replace a seal would run 10 to 15 hours due in part to requiring two men to disconnect the slide mechanism and push the rooms in. Their parts person was out and they could not tell me where the seals were made or how much seals would cost.

Question: When the slides (living and bedroom) are in the service position, are the slide seals easily accessed for removal and replacement? Another way of asking the question is what is the service position? I can't believe there would be that much labor if the slide seals are easily accessed.

Sorry if I am asking too many questions about slide seals. I will call Parliament on Monday.

I did call HWH in Iowa and they were not sure if they made the seals for the M380 or not. They did not seem to want to be very helpful but did offer that most inflatable seals were around $1000. They said they needed specific width and height measurements for the slide opening before they could even look up a slide seal and provide a firm cost.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 09-26-2010

Steve,

There is not that much labor involved in accessing the rear slide seal, but there is in accessing the front slide seal. I believe for the rear slide you must first unhook the awning arms so that when you recess the slide to expose the seal you do not bend the awning arms. Then look in the driver side bay, I think it is the third one counting from the front to the rear. There is a black cover covering the slide computer. Inside you should see a switch that says service. With the switch in the service position when you close the slide using the controls inside the coach, instead of closing flush with the outside it should recess exposing the seal.

With the front slide you will need to "unbolt" the air rams which are inside the coach one just behind the driver's chair and the other under the little shelf - under the cover that slides out when you extend the front slide - it is against the wall between the kitchen sink and the pull out pantry - the one with the slide controls. It might take you a couple of hours to "unbolt" and "re-bolt." Once the air rams are unbolted you can manually push the front slide in and expose the slide seal. Once again do not foget to undo the awning arms so that they do not get bent. If I have mistated something here or forgot something I hope others will jump in and set the record straight.
Old 09-26-2010

Steve,
Its my understanding that on M-380's there are three different ways to access the front slide seal. I know that on my coach, an '03 M-380, its very simple. After unclipping the awning I use the F-3 button to move the slide in, and the F-4 button to move the slide back out. On other coaches it may be necessary to unbolt the cylinders to slide the slide in. I have no idea which coaches require unbolting. I just know for sure about my coach. I just did it this afternoon!
Old 09-26-2010

HWH did not make the slide, seal, or controls on the M380. Once the slide is in the service position there is a grease fitting on a center rial. It is only accessible when in the service position. BB said it would never need to be greased. However after greasing the fitting my slide moved much easier.
Old 09-26-2010

I thought it was a poor design to have to unbolt the air rams to get at the seal so I asked Johnney Anderson - guru of the M380 - why. He told me that the early models - I guess that means the 03s - did have a push button service position, but they eliminated this function in later models because owners were accidently retracting the slides and damaging the awning arms. Personally I would rather take that risk than having to spend hours in the alternative.