Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 06-15-2019

Default A Blue tank in the plumbing compartment

While exploring the various outside compartments I came across a blue tank and some type of white canister in one of the compartments. Can someone kindly explain what they are.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C461D713-7678-4B50-8ED1-635157558156.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	62474  
Old 06-15-2019

That's a pressure accumulator tank for the fresh water system that helps to maintain flow and acts as a water pump pulsation dampener. It contains a bladder inside and should be charged with 20 psi air. Unscrew the cap on top and you will find a Schrader valve where you can check and charge the air pressure. Turn the water pump or city water off and open a faucet to relieve system water pressure prior to checking or charging. If you find it charged at 20 psi your good, if not charge to 20 psi, let it sit for awhile then come back and check it. If the pressure has dropped you have a leak on the bladder side of the tank and it will need to be replaced.

Andy & Jean Harmon
Dakota (our Aussie traveling buddy)
Beverly Hills, FL
1996 WB42 (SOLD)
Old 06-15-2019

If needed, you can buy a replacement at Homey Lowes.
Old 06-15-2019

My first post was in regard to the "blue tank". The white canister I don't know, but my guess is it is a water filter. My '96 WB42 has a water filter in the same compartment, but of a different type and location. If it is a water filter you probably need to replace the element or the entire filter soon, its probably got all kinds of nasty stuff growing inside.....

Andy & Jean Harmon
Dakota (our Aussie traveling buddy)
Beverly Hills, FL
1996 WB42 (SOLD)
Old 06-15-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyfisher View Post
My first post was in regard to the "blue tank". The white canister I don't know, but my guess is it is a water filter. My '96 WB42 has a water filter in the same compartment, but of a different type and location. If it is a water filter you probably need to replace the element or the entire filter soon, its probably got all kinds of nasty stuff growing inside.....
Thank you, I will move this task to the top of our to do list. Anything water related I will handle with priority. While having the bus winterized November 2018 I was informed I had a water flow/pressure issue and they recommended a complete water system flush. Which I agreed to when I bring the bus back to un-winterized it.The bus is still winterized but I may call the person to make arrangements this Fall to flush the system and check out the blue tank and the water filter. I have a lot going on this year with a new wife, newborn baby boy and much higher Health insurance premiums when I switched from single to family plan. But I will address the water compartment issues ASAP.

Thank you for your help
Old 06-15-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by patticake View Post
If needed, you can buy a replacement at Homey Lowes.
Thank you, I will let my nephew know. He helps me with everything mechanical on the bus.