Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 05-07-2017
TECHNOMAGE

Default HD SECURITY CAMERA SYSTEMS (driving too)

Could we start a new thread on this Randy? Assuming there is interest.

I'm in the process of figuring out what cameras and components I need to install for 360 degree surveillance AND driving/parking visual aides.
The prices have really come down on some decent 1080P HD (and way beyond) security cameras and recorders that work well day/night and with infrared. I figure if I'm going to do the wiring, I might as well go low light level HD. There are a whole bunch of YouTube videos on that subject to review. I know I'll have to do some neat "hole drilling" and cable pulling
to do this right. I already have 3 cameras (for driving) that are ok in daylight, but they are probably 380 line display (the cameras may be a little better, but they are 6 year old technology with whiskers!).

There are now some DIY install systems geared for truckers, but I want to get a little fancier.

For starters bought a 10" 1080p 12 volt monitor from Amazon marketplace (it has a speaker AND it has a steel case) and it is excellent
(a nice bright "razor sharp" display). That will fit on the dash easily. That's one part on hand anyway. More to go. Standard TV's can be monitors, BUT I wouldn't want one on the dash while driving!

Anyone on the forum done this yet (or thinking about it)???
If anyone is interested, I'll document my trial and error adventures with pictures.
Old 05-07-2017
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomage99 View Post
From the fuzzy picture from the video recorder, its hard to tell where its at (like the outside of the park office?). That figure looks like he has an ammo/utility belt and some armor and of course a ski mask. Those old gonzo security camera systems are just awful.

You didn't mention which RV park you were at. The world and members wonder.

I think Morefire was in a storage yard,not an rv park
It was a year ago also.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 05-07-2017
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomage99 View Post
Could we start a new thread on this Randy? Assuming there is interest.

I'm in the process of figuring out what cameras and components I need to install for 360 degree surveillance AND driving/parking visual aides.
The prices have really come down on some decent 1080P HD (and way beyond) security cameras and recorders that work well day/night and with infrared. I figure if I'm going to do the wiring, I might as well go low light level HD. There are a whole bunch of YouTube videos on that subject to review. I know I'll have to do some neat "hole drilling" and cable pulling
to do this right. I already have 3 cameras (for driving) that are ok in daylight, but they are probably 380 line display (the cameras may be a little better, but they are 6 year old technology with whiskers!).

There are now some DIY install systems geared for truckers, but I want to get a little fancier.

For starters bought a 10" 1080p 12 volt monitor from Amazon marketplace (it has a speaker AND it has a steel case) and it is excellent
(a nice bright "razor sharp" display). That will fit on the dash easily. That's one part on hand anyway. More to go. Standard TV's can be monitors, BUT I wouldn't want one on the dash while driving!

Anyone on the forum done this yet (or thinking about it)???
If anyone is interested, I'll document my trial and error adventures with pictures.

Please do so,i am confused daily by the camera systems out there.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 05-07-2017

me tooo!
cal please do start thread about your system that would make it easy for us to follow you progress.
even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
washington Il.
Old 05-30-2017

Lightbulb 360 Degree Camera

Just saw this in FMCA Magazine.

360 Surround View Camera System
Quote:
PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
Provides complete 360° view around vehicle
4 ultra-wide fish-eye cameras
3D image created by seamless merging of camera views
Loop recording - Continuous recording
G-sensor protects footage before and after impact
Quote:
Say goodbye to blind spots! The RVS-77535 360° Surround View Camera System is equipped with 4 ultra-wide fish-eye cameras, which give you 4 unique views that seamlessly merge together to create a complete 3D image of your vehicle and its surroundings. Use the 360° view to assist with parking, check your blind spots, or to help navigate narrow roads. This bird’s eye view camera system records all cameras connected making it great for insurance purposes. Loop recording allows it to record continuously and its G-Sensor detects unusual movement and impacts, protecting the associated video files from being overwritten. The HDMI port is for future development and not currently used.

The system comes in two configurations; Consumer Grade and Commercial Grade. Please select the type for your vehicle from the drop-down menu.
We would use the commercial version for vehicles over 25'. The nice thing is that the cameras would mount high on the RV so it might be possible to route all wires on the roof.

https://youtu.be/zMP0ZNTYafY

Replaces rear view camera, and dash camera. Also acts as security with loop recording.
It is right at $699. If enough were interested maybe a group buy?
Oh and they give a 10% discount for active military and veterans.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 77535_lores_2.pdf (474.3 KB, 76 views)
File Type: pdf rvs-77535-50_lowres.pdf (3.81 MB, 121 views)
1994 Wide Body #106048 "Going Galt"
bruce.griffin67@gmail.com
334-350-8564
Blue Bird Map

Last edited by Kiwi3; 05-30-2017 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Adding Tech Spec Sheet