Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Comments and Questions about the Wanderlodge factory

Comments and Questions about the Wanderlodge factory If you have a comment or a question about the Wanderlodge factory, ask them here.

Site Search:

Old 10-20-2009
pgchd

Quote:
The bad part is someone has to be there to collect the $2
Elmhurst IL
- The business model I mentioned above has "push button key coded" gates that are open during normal business hours. They also use "service" department staff to register the campground attendees during the service business hours. After hours they close the gates, guests get the code to come and go as they please, if you are coming in when the service department is closed and called ahead to make a reservation, they give you your site and the gate code.......very easy.no extra staff.......
- No matter what model you use, the liability insurance for the campground will be the biggest expense, Karl will need lawn service for the plant irrespective of the nest so the nest could be just an "add on" to his plant expenses that will figure into the nightly rate. I'm at a place right now talking with an owner who is complained about this very thing and they had the place for since 1940!!!!
- Also if Karl is lurking, a suggestion,the service department run's "specials" like regular maintenance items alignments, etc. fixed prices for a limited period of time. A good "draw" for the snowbirds and to build up a service business .
Old 10-20-2009
Timberlake Products Group

I have never been to the "nest" so forgive my lack of intellectual property upstairs...

I believe the nest was originally "free" to Bird owners? I also believe when it changed hands there was a small fee of sorts implemented?

Was it open at all to the "other" brands of motorhomes?

I am a very big believer in that 'ol Murphy-ism... "No good deed goes unpunished" I would think if there is going to be some kind of manufacturing operation there at the current facility then the day to day management should go through them i.e. money collection.

If so, I would also think that it should be run like any other campground if open to all brands of coaches.

It would be sad, like the previous story of abuse, that it goes from a "silk purse" to a "sows ear" because of the few that take advantage of a "free" or cheap situation.

I have never camped out at a WalMart but could see catching a few winks there if needed. It is sad to see people at Wallyworld with there awnings out and lawn chairs set up.

Keep the peace!

Ryan and Michelle Saari
Timberlake Products Group, Inc.
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida
https://www.timberlakeproductsgroup.com/
https://www.ebay.com/str/timberlakeproductsgroup
Old 10-20-2009
RV Appraiser

Why don't we form an LLC, buy the Birds Nest from Kurt, sell off time shares exclusively to bird owners, so anyone with a bird can have a place to stay for a week or two at any one time max during the year and pay by the night for the remainder of the year. All proceeds go toward the upkeep of the club house and maintenance of the grounds. If there is an ownership, no one can say who can & can not stay, if you're an owner you have equal rights of ownership. We could even have a guest host program set up for someone to stay, work camp and over see day to day operations.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 10-20-2009

A LLC sounds like big bucks for deep pockets - and even then only for those who live near the Nest or run mainly on the East Coast. I dought their would be enough buyers to cover the land and buildings, utilities, upkeep, etc.

Even as a fulltimer I'm guessing I might use the nest once every 3 years or so - on a pay as I go basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birds_first View Post
Why don't we form an LLC, buy the Birds Nest from Kurt, sell off time shares exclusively to bird owners, so anyone with a bird can have a place to stay for a week or two at any one time max during the year and pay by the night for the remainder of the year. All proceeds go toward the upkeep of the club house and maintenance of the grounds. If there is an ownership, no one can say who can & can not stay, if you're an owner you have equal rights of ownership. We could even have a guest host program set up for someone to stay, work camp and over see day to day operations.
Old 10-20-2009
RV Appraiser

An LLC would not require deep pockets & anyone with a bird could stay on a fee basis. Think about it there are only about 30 sights total, with 52 weeks a year that would be over 1500 weeks sold. Given the value of real estate in South Georgia & around Fort Valley in general the place can't be worth to much. At $500 per sight per week it would be over $750K. That's $500 per lifetime. Cheap camp site for a lifetime! Monthly maintenance fees could be almost eleminated by the pay per night units. Where else could you find a time share camp ground any cheaper?
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 12-21-2009

What is the latest word on the Birds Nest, any decisions from the committee on rules, cost, etc. I will be traveling thru the area the first week of January and may stop if open.
Old 12-21-2009
Forum owner

not much has happened,I have been too busy here to work on that project,maybe soon...

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-22-2009

Thanks.
Old 12-22-2009

Remember those folding signs that say "out for service" ??
I was given one of those last week.
www.ernieekbergflooring.net
Old 12-22-2009

Hey Ernie- you should repaint it to say "Out for Poodle supplies"

"Savor the wine of youth, for it is a drink that can be consumed only once”
shanefedeli@gmail.com
717-645-4912